• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Satellite photos of your (or other) MV's

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a real surprise when I checked the imagry and found that the aerial and street view of my place was very up to date.

In the aerial you can see the deuce in my driveway, the M923 in the street to the right, and the tan M925 out in the street to the left of the deuce. That M925 was only parked there for a couple of days, and my daughter's Subaru behind it narrows it right down to the day.

The Google Street View of my place is also easy to pinpoint. The placement of the trucks, and the green plastic adirondack in the lawn tells me that this pic was taken right after a neighbor deliberately contaminated the fuel tank of my M923 with gasoline. Steve and I were sitting in those green chairs when the police came to investigate. I don't usually have chairs in my front lawn.

Attachments

Jakelc15

They did the fly over the day I moved in. I know this because I have not parked my truck and trailer on the street since!
uploadfromtaptalk1397170257150.jpg

And the street view was a different day.
uploadfromtaptalk1397170331050.jpg

I'm not paranoid, they really are watching!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a satellite picture of my M929 while it was at Pineville, LA.

It was easy to identify because there was a good land mark visible (dirt pile) and the truck had a camo hard top and was tan overall. You can see the camo top just under the leading edge of the cab protector. The other confirming feature is there was not much rust in the bed and the only other trucks with a camo top have a lot of bed rust.

It also helped that it was sitting in the same place as the picture when I picked it up. :)

Attachments

ntxcop

I keep my deuce parked at the Greatest Generation Aircraft Museum at Meacham Airport in Fort Worth, Texas. There are several of us that keep our military vehicles parked there, (they only charge us $20 a month for storage fees). This satellite pic shows my deuce parked next to a friends in the field next to the hangar. There are two more deuces parked in the field along with a WWII Studebaker. This pic has to be over a year old, I painted my deuce tan, so it is no longer green, the Studebaker was sold in an auction, the "Flying Banana" helicopter on the left is now inside the hanger mostly reassembled, and the wings have all been mounted on their airplane. It looks a lot cleaner there now!

2014-04-10 21.01.27.jpg

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Insurance company is asking why I do not have all my trucks stored inside. I guess they are using satellites to check on us.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks