• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1942 Diamond T 980 M20...thread renamed ( old name ..thread disapeared...?)

tamangel

Note: as you may deduce ( de-deuce..? :) ) from the first bunch on posts below, there was a prob with the original thread being multi posted in other forum threads and then deleted with comments from the mods.. Just wanted to advise so folks don't get disappointed when they don't find info re: the new thread title right away..scroll down to post # 8 to start on the Diamond T subject matter.. Mike

..the initially in the W1 and W2 5 ton and larger forum, there was a thread about a newly purchased 1942 Diamond T 980 M20. I participated in the thread and included photos of reference book pages that I put in the thread.. I got a message from the administrator indicating some sort of duplicate msg in multiple forums but where is the main msg now? Was it consolidated or just tossed? I've tried a number of searches to no avail..just asking here..

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

KsM715

The OP had the same thread in four different forums, I think he was told about the cross posting rule and maybe took it the wrong way and deleted them all.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The OP had the same thread in four different forums, I think he was told about the cross posting rule and maybe took it the wrong way and deleted them all.
One of the mods combined them into one thread maybe he didn't like that and deleted the combined thread

Diamond

Hello Mike
I posted the threat and I have the 1942 Diamond T 980 M20. It was deleted from the admin because I posted it also in another forum, cross posting is not allowed I don`t know that.Please do you have any informtion about the axles/ratio, you said you have informations from a reference book.Matt

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Mike
I posted the threat and I have the 1942 Diamond T 980 M20. It was deleted from the admin because I posted it also in another forum, cross posting is not allowed I don`t know that.Please do you have any informtion about the axles/ratio, you said you have informations from a reference book.Matt

The rules can be found by clicking the "Forum Rules" link, in the tool bar at the top of every page.

• Cross-post multiple posts or threads about the same topic. This includes either creating multiple threads about the same topic in multiple forums or the same thread repeatedly or posting the same post within multiple existing threads.

Moderators may delete any post in violation of the above policies with or without notice.

A lot of time and effort went into creating these guidelines. We take them very seriously and we expect you to do the same. If you feel that you cannot abide by them, then do not apply for membership. If you have a suggestion for a policy change or addition, please feel free to email them to us. Please check these rules occasionally as policies are subject to change. It is your responsibility to stay current on the SS site policies. “I didn’t know about the policy,” is not an acceptable excuse. Thanks for taking the time to learn the SS Guidelines and for all of the contributions that you make to the site. Welcome to the Family!

FWIW, I did not delete or manage the threads discussed here. Not that it matters who did.

Last edited:

tamangel

back to the main topic...hopefully, this is the one and only post dealing with the '42 Diamond T :)

Matt, here are the link's (plus a few more I found this A.M.) and pic's I posted previously.. I think I got them all..

Diamond T 980 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Engines of the Red Army in WW2 - Diamond-T 980

Diamond T 980 - Steve Crampton photography

Nynehead Books :: Diamond T - Type 980 & 981

Restoration Diamond T 980

DIAMOND T M20 12 TON TRUCK

from Crismon's book, 2nd pic

From Bendt's book, the last 3.. If its too fuzzy , tell me and I'll copy verbatim .. it does talk about axles and ratio's..last photo..see paragraph entitles TECHNICAL (left column..)

wow,
'cruising range 300 miles, fuel capacity 150 gallons, top speed 23 mph'
can you say...determination... :)

Mike

also Matt, you may want to re-post re: info and pic's of your rig, how you got it, any other info...to refresh everyone's mind..so other's can contribute also..

Attachments

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's DH's fault! Not really, I did it. Took me 20 min to get the four threads into one, but somehow deleted the whole thing. Sorry about that. I did send a PM that he could repost the thread. I could rename this thread and put it in the right spot, if ya want.

3dAngus

That would be nice. Any effort to preserve valuable data for all to see and research in future projects is always appreciated.

tamangel

so Mods, I thought I re-named the post.. ( changed the title in my initial message) but it still appears as the original.. "..thread disappeared..'' in emails and on the main thread listing? I guess it would be nice if you could re-name it through your internal procedures,..maybe just take the title from my first post title....and move it to the correct forum..? That should do it..

and, again, if someone re-names a post, how come it doesn't change on all notification and listing fronts.. ?

Thanks, Mike

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be fixed now. Not sure why sometimes the title does not change, I noticed that before when I didn't have moderator status. Thread is in correct forum too.,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks