• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M917 bed bob

wehring

OK I am sitting here at midnight and my brain will not let this one go.

Has anyone considered what it will take to cut an M917 bed down so it will fit an M916?

Anyone have an M917 bed & ram they care to part with?

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

M920

Well....I think it would look weird....the sides are to tall for a bed that short....unless you take the winch and everything off....but that would suck... lol

Soni

wehring

well

Just thinking out loud. My father is a second generation owner/operator of dump trucks and he will never retire. He is and always will be a workaholic but his knees are on the outs and an automatic trans would be nice for him.

I was looking at jcapples M916 dump conversion and had a thought.
Pop does not care to run a true M917 with the 16' bed. He uses a 14' bed on his Kenworth. So the thought evolved... what would it take to make the M917 bed a 14' bed? Remove the winch and run the dump off of the same system.

I am partial to the M917 U-shaped bottom because the Texas Gulf Coast mud and Dow's chemical saturated mud eat conventional square beds in a few years. A U-shaped bottom should last longer.

Again... just thinking.

Justin

M920

Ok Justin, I see your point....It would look good without the winch....but THE WINCH....WHAT ABOUT THE WINCH????.... lol

wehring

wench

Occasionally she can ride in the passenger's seat. Oh wait you said WINCH... has anyone put one on the FRONT of an M916/M920.

I am thinking that the rediculous cement truck style protrusion is just about right.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

M920

Occasionally she can ride in the passenger's seat. Oh wait you said WINCH... has anyone put one on the FRONT of an M916/M920.

I am thinking that the rediculous cement truck style protrusion is just about right.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
You are really on a roll tonight Justin....maybe you should get some sleep... :roll: lol

Since you don't answer your phone after midnight anyway....

Soni

wehring

sorry

Sorry, phone is charging in the bedroom. You go ahead and wake my wife with "Brrrrr Brrrr Brrrr Brrrr" buzzing noise on the night stand! NM will seem much too close to TX.

I have thought of putting an auto in his KW but he is an old German. You can always tell a German... you just can't tell him much. he is hard headed anddd does not want to explore the swap. Plus it is not green or 6x6... what is the use.

A complete truck that I build for "myself" that he falls in love with will be the only way to go.

Yes I do need sleep. Good night All.

Justin wehring

wehring

saw it

i saw your post and it looks great. My only concern is the iopen cavities between the beams (left to right) under the bed. Down here on the gulf coast beds rot in no time from mud/rocks/etc blasting the bottom of the bed and chips from the rocks letting salt mud in to begin the rot.

A u shaped bottom that is smooth like M917 in a 14' bed is all I am after. it is easy to clean and there are no hiding places for rot to occur. If that is commercially available in a gage that is heavy enough for rip rap and rubble then I am sold.

Justin wehring
979 997 3112

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks