• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inexpensive camper/utiliy box for m35a2

stampy

I put in a 24v to 12v transformer. It works great and unless you need more than 20 amps you should be fine. I think it was like 40$ on Fleabay. I have underside storage in my m109 boxtruck. It works great and gives you lots of room.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Job !

Between you and UncleMikey, the rest of us have tons of inspiration and food for thought. Good Job - to both of you.

Does your camper have a PortaPotty of a Holding Tank?

I'm thinking that Holding Tanks mounted under the bed might have some advantages in capacity and access, but would complicate the "removeability" feature that you initially indicated a preference for.

i did get the hydraulic head replaced today. Not a bad job once i swung the heater box out of the way. The truck is hitting on all 6 cylinders again. tomorrow i think i am gonna drain the fuel tank and flush it out. when i was cracking the lines to bleed the system i still was getting some rust colored fuel from the cylinders that had been dead. When i first got the truck i was draining the water separator daily. I have already pulled the tank plug and drained off the bottom of the tank and am not getting daily water out of the separator. I believe the rusty fuel was from the fact that the lines had not had any fuel flowing through them because of the bad hydraulic Head. But better safe than sorry. Note the pipe wrench in one of the pics. This was an easy way to turn the engine while watching for the red timing mark.

Attachments

I have been very busy at work and have only done a little work on the truck. I cut some doors for the side of the camper. I used an old plywood sign. worked well as it is exterior plywood and the surface was already painted and smooth.

On a sader note my kitty Kurty had kittens on the 20th. she developed a bad infection in her uterus and had to be put down on the 25th . Vet said it would cost around 2000 dollars to save her. I would have traded my truck on the spot for her life. So sad.

Attachments

Bighurt

I have been very busy at work and have only done a little work on the truck. I cut some doors for the side of the camper. I used an old plywood sign. worked well as it is exterior plywood and the surface was already painted and smooth.

On a sader note my kitty Kurty had kittens on the 20th. she developed a bad infection in her uterus and had to be put down on the 25th . Vet said it would cost around 2000 dollars to save her. I would have traded my truck on the spot for her life. So sad.
Looks Good!

Sorry about the Cat...

I know what it's like, although not being everyone cup of tea I breed exotic reptiles. Two years past I had a Boa let her litter go 5 days premature. Lost a significant portion of the litter. Only 4 made it, some lasted only a few days others developed issues months down the road. Either way "mom" passed on her due date. It was her last dying effort to ensure her litter made it into the world. I didn't sell any of that litter until this year. It was hard letting one go...

She was my first Red tailed Boa. Used to keep her in a heated sweater box in my dorm room...she was good animal, and is still missed.

unclemikey

I was starting to wonder what happen to ya, had not see an update of late. Looks like you are doing very well on the Deuce, coming right along.

Sorry to hear of your loss, have been there.

It finally stopped raining here today. I grabbed the rattle cans between jobs and got one side of the camper painted. also set the aux. fuel tank where it will go and filled it with wmo as my drum was full in the shop. I have started tracing the camper wiring. It has a strange plug no one has seen before so i cant go by common wiring standards and have to figure out the circuits. I have some 28 volt bulbs on hand to change out clearance lights. also have a 50 amp batter equalizer and a deep cycle battery ready to install. All i need is a couple more of Me and i could get everything done.

Attachments

gijoe

Good looking camper "unclemikey" and a real attention getter also. :beer:

:ditto: Camper works for me. The M-109 or S-280 box is much stronger than any camper, but will require quite a bit of work to really make it work as you would want. However a camper is a quick and durty way to get an unit with all the needs in place as a slam dunk. It has the room you need, and has the cargo and extra fuel storage room. Best of all, you can find most older units for a song. It can look a bit funny, but most people think a Deuce looks funny anyway,........so what do they know! The trailer is a must, the best being a M-105, always works well, and there is lots of them around. My 2cents

Injunfarian

I had the same plug on my slide in camper... I went to a truck shop and they were able to supply me with the connectors I believe they are common on slide in campers as well as horse trailers.

FMFDOC

:drool:
Between mobileauto2000 and unclemikey, I'm green with envy. Make that OD green with envy...

Several years ago, I was thinking about building a camper to save some $$$ and found this site:
Truck cabover camper and truck shell designs
Due to the ex-wife :evil: needing a new broom and some more flying monkeys, I never did get to build it.
There are a lot of good ideas/plans there and it will keep you from having to reinvent the wheel.

unclemikey

Well you can carry gear in the truck and sleep in the trailer, or you can sleep in the truck and carry gear in the trailer. It comes down to the point, you will need both. What ever works best for you. In general you will need the most room for sleeping quarters, and the less room for gear. That is unless you have got a gob of gear to carry around. Just my 2cents. What ever you do, think it out in advance, and have Fun. :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks