• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inexpensive camper/utiliy box for m35a2

The roof has started sagging under the a/c unit. Half of the a/c is on new strong roof framing and half on the original camper framing. The camper framing ends at the wall with the circuit beaker box. I glued up a oak beam with a good crown in it. Ran it across from the bathroom wall to the front closet wall. It made a big difference.

20190811_121141.jpg20190817_165921.jpg20190817_202145.jpg20190818_131435.jpg

Last edited:

TGRCAT

I have a truck camper and am thinking of having it mounted on the frame of a M1088.
Any suggestions?

David

I started with Photoshop to see how it would look. Then measure a lot. pay attention to clearance for the overhead. I had to set my camper on top of 4x6s to clear. But this gave me room for the water tanks. I don't know about your truck but the deuce has a lot of frame flex. If it is going to be off roaded make sure the camper and cab don't collide. I just chained the camper to the bed sides and had no problems. Don't forget to change your clearance bulbs over to 24volts or they will be real bright for a short time.

AND most important. Post Pictures, lots of them.

If you start your own thread put a link to it here if you want.

Last edited:

dReed39

Finished paint touch up.View attachment 771151View attachment 771150

And installed the cover I made.
View attachment 771149
My frig is freezing on 110 volts so that's the next project. I want to repair it because I like having the vintage stuff.

If any of you happen to have a wiring diagram for a Dometic RM 45 frig please let me know.
Incredible works man, nice! My uncle and I will be looking at a M35A2 next week right after we finished installing the headache rack, oracle lights plus the incoming brake kit on the current truck project. My uncle will surely love the looks of your project.

Cast_Iron_Deputy

:ditto: Camper works for me. The M-109 or S-280 box is much stronger than any camper, but will require quite a bit of work to really make it work as you would want. However a camper is a quick and durty way to get an unit with all the needs in place as a slam dunk. It has the room you need, and has the cargo and extra fuel storage room. Best of all, you can find most older units for a song. It can look a bit funny, but most people think a Deuce looks funny anyway,........so what do they know! The trailer is a must, the best being a M-105, always works well, and there is lots of them around. My 2cents
What truck camper is that? That’s EXACTLY what I want to do with mine! Do you have any other photos from the rear? How is it mounted?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks