• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'109 to tractor conversion starts today

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mechanic who is removing the box has first dibs. The reason that I'm using this truck is because its been gone thru bumper to bumper and everything works on it, doesn't leak anything, starts right up even after sitting for a month, its been singled out, winch installed, and I know its provenance (however that is spelled). To sell is a pain 'cause 99.9% of the population sees it as just an old truck so wont pay anything for it. The remainder of the population who appreciates the truck is here on this board and wont pay anything for it either e.g. " Shoot I can get that same truck for $1329.63 on GL, I aint payin no nine grand." ;<) I read all the 109 camper conversion posts here and I can appreciate it all, but after spending ALOT of time in it along the borderlands these last couple of years I have determined that a 12 ft box is just too small for me. With a tractor conversion I can pull the 22 ft '146 trailer or a civilian toy hauler, whatever I want. To me it makes sense to use known-good hardware, though I can feel for the purist. I guess I don't feel bad 'cuz the guy down the road has at least 30 of the 109s in his yard so they dont seem scarce to me. (Jack's)

Last edited:

AndrewH

I think someone here has a stretch tractor, look thru posts by DaveP. It looks really neat. If I can find links I'll post them, I was wondering how far the wrecker conversion made it? Anyone?

AndrewH

Who isint converting what? I might have missed something....... :grin: Daves truck is converted and working. Did the 109 to tractor conversion stall? Bummer.......:-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks