• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

shenkmen

Updated the attendee list on the first post.

Silverado, sorry to hear about that.

Wildchild467, bring your recovery gear. It can't hurt. When are you coming?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Shenkmen. I plan on leaving binghamton early in the morning, around 0400 hours... hope to get down there around 9. my time estimates are off just because im not used to road triping in the deuce! haha! I plan on camping friday night then possibly leaving saturday evening but im not sure. could i say i might camp saturday night also? I will be bringing one other person with me i think. Ill try to think of more things i could bring to help out the group but right now all i have is recovery gear (no tow bar).

Is anybody else going through Binghamton, NY friday morning? I would be willing to convoy with somebody if i could. Time is flexible.

I know we are having a swap meet.... does anybody have new steering box bushings? i am in the market for those. I called Memphis and they have them, but i thought if somebody has some, ill just pick them up there. Also a double rifle rack for the cab would be nice.

I cant wait for the trip, im getting excited! :smile:

PaFarmer

I am coming up in my Cherokee on Saturday. I am working on bringing the wife and kids, maybe just a kid or two.

The Blue Mt. Jeep Alliance is having a trail ride that day and a swap meet, in case you have jeep parts to sell or you are looking for parts.

RC is having a beginner guided trail ride that day as well, but I do not know of much else going on at the park that weekend.

I'd like to give the Cherokee a rattle can camo paint job if I get the time.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kassim- i appricate that but i have friday off, so im going to head down then. maybe if i stay over saturday night we can convoy back! if you had a towbar, i could towbar you back and save ya some fuel! [thumbzup]

kassim503

Thank you for the offer! But I already got the 1009 being towed behind my civvy suburban, dont want her to break down before I get there LOL

Looking foward to doing some wheeling Saturday!

Btw Wildchild- Do you know who had their deuce in the parade day parade?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
does anybody have some good Jerry cans they want to bring to rousch creek? how much are they going for these days? 20 years ago i probably could have gotten great deals on them.... but i was just out of diapers then.:roll: I have 3 good cans now, 2 good shape, one is MINT. i'd like to have a few more in my arsenal if they were a fair price.

needhotrod

ill be in heading up from hanover pa leaving friday morning or night be up till sunday should be draging some fire wood up with me and the camper

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be riding up in a civvy vehicle, and riding with someone else there. I can't afford the time to ready the deuce for the trip, and I can't afford the fuel for the deuce for the trip either. But I can't miss this event, to get back out on the trail. SO, someone leave the shotgun side of the cab open, please.

daddy2

Maddawg, I've got plenty of room in the M36. I have troop seats, but shot gun goes to the kids. Not even the old lady gets that close to me. Wildchild- I have two jerry cans I bougth from Northern tool and equipment. Not for sale, but I could put some diesel in them if need be. I coated the inside with gas tank coating for motor cycles so no rust. I cost was well worth it.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone near Rochester, NY going to this event? I have some parts that have to go up to a gent near there, any help is appreciated.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two doors, a fuel tank and a wheel rim. I'm not sure if Binghamton is far enough, will have to get back to you on that.

camogriz

I'll be arriving around noon on Friday. I am driving my M1009 and will be solo. May or may not stay until Saturday. Looking forward to the event. Finally had warm enough weather to replace my transmission and be done in time.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
its not that warm out there today, i still have to swap tires from my M109 to the back of the M35. My tires on the M35 are pretty tired. We had those couple warm days and now it got cold again, so it feels real cold out there now. i have to get motivated to do it... ugh! plus im getting sick i think. dont mean to sound whiny, but good thing im getting sick now, ill be over it in just a little while, just in time for RC :grin: ok, here i go, bundling up and heading out to change tires!

shenkmen

Updated the attendee list on the first post.

I plan on camping friday night then possibly leaving saturday evening but im not sure. could i say i might camp saturday night also?
No problem. We don't have a reservation and can add or remove campers at will. It's just to have an estimate for the folks who run Rausch Creek.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks