• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

kastein

Not looking like I'm going to have the time *or* the money to attend :(

You guys have fun out there... I'll hopefully make the octoberfest event if it happens again, last time it coincided with my Jeep XJ/MJ club's octoberfest event but I was in Colorado on business. Like five of the guys sent me cellphone pics of all the deuces going by and told me I should be there.

needhotrod

well looks like i am going to ride up thursday night instead of friday and i thing im going to hava a couple of people with me um at least 3 could be up to 8 showed some pictures and videos of last year and now the group is growing

powerhouseduece

Yea, I was looking at that too. As long as most of the poor weather is going on at night I think we'll be alright. Too bad my gp med. is MIA or we could have a party tent. Anyone have a large tent we could use as a group hang out? I have a quiet genset and a light kit bright enough to light the whole park. Any ideas?

shenkmen

Yea, I was looking at that too. As long as most of the poor weather is going on at night I think we'll be alright. Too bad my gp med. is MIA or we could have a party tent. Anyone have a large tent we could use as a group hang out? I have a quiet genset and a light kit bright enough to light the whole park. Any ideas?
Right now there is just a chance of precipitation. I'm going no matter what the weather is.

That tent would be sweet. Oh well. How about large tarps strung between deuces? Anybody have a large tarp or two to bring? Or a GP medium tent as powerhouse mentioned?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i dont think i have a tarp that big, but ill definately voulenteer the deuce to help anybody out. Dad and I just plan on sleeping on the troop seats or cots. Soon as the sun hits the cargo cover on the deuce it warms up pretty good in there.

powerhouseduece

We'll figure it out. I'm going rain or shine. Might stop at the white trash holy land (Walmart) and get something.

I have been looking for a complete modular tent for a while now, they are a lot easier to set up then a gp small.

paulfarber

I'll be there. I can show up Friday if needed.. I only live 20 miles away.

Its just me and my hound.. maybe GF if I can talk her into it.

I don't like to do things before noon, though.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Word is traveling around work here that we are supposed to get a snow storm here friday (the morning i am leaving for RC). Man, i hope we dont get it and it turns out to be rain. could make for a good story if it turned out to be a bad snow storm and have to throw it in 6 wheel drive to get down there! I wonder how traveling through the pocono mountains is going to be.... have to find out!

powerhouseduece

Word is traveling around work here that we are supposed to get a snow storm here friday (the morning i am leaving for RC). Man, i hope we dont get it and it turns out to be rain. could make for a good story if it turned out to be a bad snow storm and have to throw it in 6 wheel drive to get down there! I wonder how traveling through the pocono mountains is going to be.... have to find out!
Ah.. you'll live! You get to go 4wheeling before you get to go 4wheeling!!! Nothing wrong with that!

powerhouseduece

Also I had a idea. I have been on the past 5 RC trips, and have learned a few things. When there are a lot of trucks on the trail, progress is really slow. Last year we had over a dozen trucks in one convoy and we would have to stop and wait for the pack to catch up. I think Friday we could do a large group ride, then Saturday break off into 2 smaller groups and tackle 2 different parts of the trails. One group for the easier trails for those that like to take it easy and another group for people that are not afraid to *test* the limits of their trucks. This is only a idea.

Next idea, we always come back to camp for lunch and head back out after. This cuts into the trail time because its a 30min trek back to camp. There are a few large areas where you can pull off and have a picnic. It's up to you guys.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sounds like a plan. maybe ill throw in the tire chains just incase! Im bringing 55gal of WMO in the back of the truck for extra fuel on the trip to offset the cost of diesel. haha!

daddy2

Quick question. I checked the rules and regs on the web site and it says all passengers must have seat belts. Can people ride in the bed if we have troop seats? I called to ask but no answer, I left a message and haven't heard back yet.

MAXM37

For what it's worth, My M37 doesn't have seatbelts and I've never had a problem getting in.
Speaking of, I won't be able to bring it this time so I'm riding up in the M35 with Shenkmen

daddy2

BAD NEWS GUYS!!! I just talked to Bruce somebody and he informed me that under no circumstances are people allowed to ride in the back of the deuces without seat belts. Their insurance wouldn't allow it. Parking lot trip might be ok, but not the trails. Can't fit everyone in the cab, so I guess I have to back out. Sorry

paulfarber

BAD NEWS GUYS!!! I just talked to Bruce somebody and he informed me that under no circumstances are people allowed to ride in the back of the deuces without seat belts. Their insurance wouldn't allow it. Parking lot trip might be ok, but not the trails. Can't fit everyone in the cab, so I guess I have to back out. Sorry

Duct tape :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks