• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

PaFarmer

Coming up Saturday early. The wife and kids are coming along so I am running my Cherokee.

I have seen folks riding in the back of trucks on trails and it seems a good way to get someone hurt. The trucks bounce around a lot on the trails. No way would I carry passengers in the back.

Matt, are you bring up that tow bar from you Dad?

camogriz

Just making sure someone else will be there. You can't go on the trails alone. By the way, no, I don't trailer it everywhere. Ha ha ha.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well i got one more thing done on my deuce last night. i had a shimmy in the steering wheel at around 45mph and was almost sure it was just because my steering box bushing was bad. it has some play in it and just needs new bushings. well anyway, i read posts on here with some guys saying it could be a tire out of balance, so i swapped front tires from my M109 over to my M35 and the problem went away! still have a very little play in the box, but its not bad or dangerous at all... that'll make the trip a lot better and it wont drive my nuts all the way down! sometimes its the little things that make a trip so much better! now lets see if i can find a blower motor resistor and ill be all set!:driver:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
If it rains I will not be coming up. I have to get the tow bar to Matt, just in case...His 818 may not be able to take the extra wieght with those big tires and the 10 cases of adult drinks...

shenkmen

I just confirmed our camping reservation with Lynn at Rausch Creek. We're good to go. She explained they just got done cleaning and straightening up the camping area. She asked that we don't alter the fire rings or move the tables.

Rausch Creek form downloads - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

Get those vehicles ready.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my dad was talking about bringing a small propane grill to cook on also. something to cook up dogs and burgers. I think my truck is pretty much ready. Just have to start loading it up tonight!

shenkmen

my dad was talking about bringing a small propane grill to cook on also. something to cook up dogs and burgers.
His grill will probably work better. My grill requires pans or griddles. I have both. Hopefully we can just do it over a fire. I have a cooking grate for a fire which I will bring as well.

powerhouseduece

Don't forget the grills and your own food. Also, to the first ones there, please hold a bog enough spot 10 trucks. Also, please don't get the spot right by the entrance. Keep in mind, people come and go at all hours and the loud add trailer bouncing around make for a sleepless night, even after blocking out!

shenkmen

Don't forget the grills and your own food. Also, to the first ones there, please hold a bog enough spot 10 trucks. Also, please don't get the spot right by the entrance. Keep in mind, people come and go at all hours and the loud add trailer bouncing around make for a sleepless night, even after blocking out!
Nice call powerhouse. Who expects to get there first and snag the good spot away from the entrance?

USAWEAPON777

Hey guys me and my friends are going to try and head down saturday morning in my m1008. What time should we be there by to avoid being left behind like before?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im just keeping an eye on the weather. not sure what its going to do. i know an "empty" deuce is sketchy to drive in the snow when its not locked in 6 wheel. i did a one-eighty with it at a stop sign this winter just messing around. i had lots of room, but it was an eye opener. Being a winch truck it had a lot of weight on the front 2 tires, and not much in the back 8. just be careful tomorrow guys if we get snow.

Is anybody else having problems getting on the Rouch Creek Website? i need to print off the membership form and i cant get on the website. is this something i can fill out when i get there or does it need to be done before? Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks