• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20 ton Crane axles

Redneck lowrider

just picked up a full set of 20 ton Rockwell axles 2 rear, 1 front, and transfer case, all in excellent shape...was wondering what the may be worth and more importantly, where can I find parts ???

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks to me like they are different ratios. Good luck with that. Do you know what the crane model# was?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Are you talking about this crane?

If so I can't think of a use for them....geared very low.....the cranes were powered by hydrolic motors from a huge pump driven by a 903 Cummins V-8.

My unit at Fort Benning had them......they got every little use because it was so hard to move them around post.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

Thats good, it would suck to have a different ratio problem. Still, those ratios are not very good imho. What size tires are on there?

Bighurt

Thats good, it would suck to have a different ratio problem. Still, those ratios are not very good imho. What size tires are on there?
Chris, the T226 is the transfer case and a transfer case ration of 2.48 isn't that bad...

Opps missed the tag for the front steer axle...

Those axles belonged to the Quickway Model M-200 Crane Shovel
TM 5-3810-207-35

Attachments

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
yeah that is very tall gear.. like 45 MPH all wound out in OD (deuce or 5 ton OD trans) at 2600 RPM lol even with a 53" tire.

Hey Locada57 Has one of them and it runs!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I edited my post, I missed the second image of the front steering axle tag. I also posted the TM and an image of an actual M-200 crane.

Sorry
Excellent detective work on this Bighurt. I was stumped as to application, my 1970's 20 ton P&H M320T has the same drivetrain but the transfer case does not have that emergency brake drum.

gimpyrobb

Well, for an off road rig, I think that is much better(I thought it said1.0/1.7 like a dual speed axle). Good luck if you plan on using it on pavement.

Bighurt

Excellent detective work on this Bighurt. I was stumped as to application, my 1970's 20 ton P&H M320T has the same drivetrain but the transfer case does not have that emergency brake drum.
I just looked up the part number found a NSN, and then found a technical manual that used it...once I had the TM I verified that the whole trail of breadcrumbs in fact lead to something real.

The hard part was finding an NSN against a prt# that is obsolete.

Sometimes I have my days...

oilcan

Wasn't someone on the board looking for an extra deep gear set a while back? I can't remember who that was.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would see if the AIR BRAKES set up would bolt up to 5t axles, if so then pull ALL the BRAKE parts and sell them as a air brake axle converson kit, the valves could be had from any big truck parts house

Redneck lowrider

Bighurt, where did you locate the tech manual, and Most important, are there any parts such as seals, bearings, bushings and anything else for that matter available for these monsters ?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
any good bearing house should get be able to get you bearing, seals. ect

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks