• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 parts

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to find a few of the fans that mount on the dash. I have two of the rebuilt trucks (M917 and M916) and neither has the dash mounted fans in place. There is no paint broken so I assume they were not replaced after the rebuild. If anyone knows where I can find some, please PM me. Thanks!

Bighurt

Thanks for that. I had not seen that. It may be correct, but it does not look right to me. It looks like the shroud is plastic and the ones I have seen are metal. Perhaps, Andy will come on to tell me that this is the later issue fan. If it is correct, I will be buying four.
Bruce, your right the OEM supplied ones had a metal cage. However as manufactures change production over the years I wouldn't be surprised if these were in fact the same NSN with different part numbers but suitable sups for each other.

Technically there is nothing wrong with a plastic cage and I actually like the look slightly over the metal cage. Although if the OEM style was flat black instead of shiny metal it would probably be a draw.

My worry is the mount although for me fabrication is in the works anyways so it doesn't have to be R².

If Troy doesn't have what you fellas need, Jim Henry is rumored to be parting some trucks. Although Troy's customer service is better, he actually responds to inquiries.

:beer:

Andy1234

Thanks for that. I had not seen that. It may be correct, but it does not look right to me. It looks like the shroud is plastic and the ones I have seen are metal. Perhaps, Andy will come on to tell me that this is the later issue fan. If it is correct, I will be buying four.
I have 4 of them that have the metal cage, if you want. Same price.

Andy

Fixlinc

The fan is on the dash of ours so I'll have to look or take a pic of it to post later. Our M915A1 6x4 was made in 1984 but rebuilt in 2006 just had 260 miles on it after that very nice till the engine wiring harness just burned up. I don't think it was smart of them to combine 12V and 24V wiring into one common harness it sure fried it good. We are using it for our volunteer fire department to pull a M969A1 tanker to haul water so I need it simplified and dependable. Can get a new government harness for near $2800 but that is NOT a option when only paid $5000 for the truck. Think it's about get converted to all 12v and do away with all 24V, black out lights and stuff that can burn or go wrong again or later. From I see so far should just be 24V starting and 24V trailer plug off a relay with rest 12V but I may be wrong might have more 24V on it than I think ?

Attachments

Fixlinc

This has already been posted but putting it on again really helped me so far. Wiring schematics are a pain to print but I'm working now on converting the pdf page to view separate but schematics are at almost back of section 3 page 739 to 747 of TM 9-2320-283-20-3 There are M915 series manuals also covers some M916 & M920 can download from Jatonka's site. Thanks Jatonka !

JATONKA's M915 series TM download page

Fixlinc

Yes, thanks probably 24 fuel solenoid can change that and see it is in another harness not in the engine harness that burned.

On dash fans our M915A1 has two 12V fans. Still had a tag on one. Brand name is Maradyne, 53005-2, 484D, 3903F, 12V, then says made in chinky land oh no. :x

Attachments

Dig

I need the windshield washer nozzles for my M915A1. Sorry if this isn't the proper place to post but if you know of a source please inform me of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks