• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovered 2 trailers today

Donald Poppell

Hello all.

Gonna roll all info in this one thread.
First time bidding and winning something on GL. (2) M101A2s.

Status---------------------------------- Date
Submission of EUC Pending ------- 01/27/2011
EUC sent to Battle Creek ---------- 01/28/2011
Approved ------------------------------02/23/2011
Customer Notified ------------------- 02/23/2011

Surprised it went through so quick.

Recovered from Redstone using a Suburban and a F150 truck.
Pulled out of the holding area and started the conversion to 12 volt. Changed bulbs and tied into existing harness with female bullet connectors as seen here on this fine site. Took a little over an hour total for both trailers. ( I left the wiring diagram at home and had to go off memory which for me is dangerous ).

The 2 hour trip went with out any problems. Couldn't even tell the trailer was back there. Surge brakes are great.

I want to thank all that contribute their knowledge and experience here. Wouldn't have been near as prepared if it wasn't for this site. Thanks to Wreckerman for the last minute answers to my questions about Redstone.

So here are some pictures.

I'm keeping the camo and my buddy is keeping the solid green.
I think I'm gonna have to paint it tan so it kind of matches the Suburban. Wife says it's starting to look like a surplus yard and all I have is a Deuce and a little bitty trailer.

Thanks folks

Attachments

Last edited:

davey8943

Don,

Glad you had a successful recovery, I always remember that "Chance favors the prepared mind"!

I absolutely LOVE my M101, it is so useful for so many things. I know you'll love yours.

Thanks for the pics, and keep us updated on what you use them for!

Dave

Donald Poppell

After adding up the expenses for 4 flat plug harness, bulbs, connectors and time it would have been cheaper and quicker but I wanted to keep the original look. Now if the wife lets me get a few more to turn around, that is what I will do to make for quicker recoveries.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Waiting on my EUC...

Don,

I also won two M101A2s from Redstone Arsenal last month and this is my (first) EUC status:

Status

Submission of EUC Pending--------------------- 02/10/2011
EUC revisions requested from Customer----- 02/15/2011
EUC sent to Battle Creek------------------------ 02/16/2011

I noticed you got the sideboards and bows, but did you get the canvas as well? I'm concerned that when I get there, my "extras" like that will be gone.

I emailed GL about it and got a seven paragraph legaleze "disclaimer" about inspect before the auction, we're not liable..., blah, blah, blah without answering my direct question about their "system" to safeguard sideboards, bows and canvas from "walking" before recovery...

I did print out the photos as others recommended, so I have proof the items were there at the time GL took the trailer photos.

Thanks and nice trailers BTW [thumbzup]

Mike

Last edited:

Ratch

I did print out the photos as others recommended, so I have proof the items were there at the time GL took the trailer photos.
I just had a conversation with a GL rep about this yesterday. Specifically, about bows and tarps in the picture... Their position is that everything in the photos is not necessarily part of the auction unless it's specifically outlined in the description, or you inspected prior to bidding and personally cataloged all the items/accessories on the property.
That said, she did say you can always file a claim with GL and they'll work with you.

Congrats on the trailers, Don. [thumbzup]

Donald Poppell

When I was there today, I did inspect some of the trailers there up for auction and some have everything and some don't.

Neither trailer had a tarp. Only one had bows and one was missing the 2 back doors. It is hard to see everything in the picks especially if all is piled on top of each other in the bed.

Still very happy with what I got, just wished it was complete. My fault for not personally previewing.

Last edited:

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had a conversation with a GL rep about this yesterday. Specifically, about bows and tarps in the picture... Their position is that everything in the photos is not necessarily part of the auction unless it's specifically outlined in the description, or you inspected prior to bidding and personally cataloged all the items/accessories on the property.
That said, she did say you can always file a claim with GL and they'll work with you.

Congrats on the trailers, Don. [thumbzup]
Yes, their "loophole" it seems.

Notice most trailer ads only show 4 to 7 pictures (except for the GL person at Ft. Campbell who always photographs the lunette, trailer plug and safety chains plus plenty of other pictures) and rarely the bed and contents are photographed. Also rare is a statement in the description "with bows and canvas" or "without"...

I think that is deliberate on GL's part (and laziness of most to the photographers/item writers) to NOT give details on some of what they auction off...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks