• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ODDBALLs M109 w trailer

ODDBALL007

Chris,

If you paint the inside of the light fixtures with high temp white paint, they will be much brighter. See my thread on "A different kind of 109 conversion". Also, when you put in the A/c in the back, you may want to go high so there is plenty of room between the bottom of the A/C and your new cab roof. The Army had already made the hole for me, I just had to fill it in. 6500 BTU/hr seems to be big enough in my case, and the unit is small and light. YMMV.
i read that article a while back and as far as ac unit im cuttin a hole in the roof of the rear box. I dont want a window unit, i went witha more traditional rv style roof air

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, you need new pictures of the inside with the TV and asylum bed. Jimma and Cessna will love that. Is the surround sound going in this weekend?

A

A/C Cages

Im switching mine over to low voltage LED lighting. They are cool to the touch and dont use much power in A/C or D/C .

Im also installing rooftop a/c unit from a Prevost custom bus. Its a A/C D/C also. Best of all that it was free. lol

Im going to put a shower and toliet in mine. My old lady wont go camping without it. Oh wait, if I dont put one in it then I wont have to take her? hmmmmm?

ODDBALL007

Well I ordered my new roof a/c unit today. Wow now I see why everyone uses the window units. I went with a 15000 btu no heat strip. I got ol lady for that. The outer part of this system wqs 800 bucks. Its a low profile. I also learned if you a to channel the air, you will need the inside part of the unit. That's extra . Between 80-200 buxs. Total cost was a1000 buxs. Stalker I see what u mean about centr spport. So I'm gonna mount on th side with blak outlight. Ill post pics of unit whenbt arrives.

ODDBALL007

ok a/c update. I jus got a call that they are outa stock on a/c unit so i chose another company and its on its way. Here is a pic of the outside unit and a pic of inside unit and info on it[thumbzup]

Coleman Mach 15 Rooftop Air Conditioner - 15,000-BTU, world's most powerful RV Air Conditioner. With the highest cooling output you can buy. At 1/3 hp, the fan motor is the largest in the industry

Attachments

oldMan99

Im also installing rooftop a/c unit from a Prevost custom bus. Its a A/C D/C also. Best of all that it was free. lol
I don't recall seeing a A/C D/C roof air unit before. Do you have the make and model number of that unit? I would really like to get more info on that, it sounds perfect for my project. They have anymore at that price????

ODDBALL007

ok first of all scott quit hijackin my thread with that panzy crap... ok ive been building this ODDBALL EXPRESS and will nowI will clue everyone in what it really means. Im building a trailer out of 2 m105 frames and a duece bed... The first 2 pics are of the M105 trailers with the beds takin off... I already sold one bed, anyways the third pic is of duece bed im usin.RAYZER al ready bought the duece... Thanks to PCTRANS and STALKER for the bows and canvas top to finish what willl look like a praire wagon. I will post pics next week of the finished trailer.

Attachments

Last edited:

ODDBALL007

ok ive chopped up the trailers and put them together. the spread between the wheels is 12 inches. i went big like that so when i upgrade to the 395 series tires with hemmit wheels then they wont rub. this weekend i will have it all cleaned and painted and lights wired and ready for the duece bed to be set on top of it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks