• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from a happy new member.

13thArmy

Hello My name is Allan. I am currently living in Europe but I travel back to Vancouver Canada every summer. I am really happy to have found this website as I hope to buy a 6by6 truck that I can use in the mountainous terrain around my property in B.C. I have allways been fascinated by military vehicles, and especially aircraft. I was a member of the 501 squadron air cadets in West Vancouver, Canada at an early age(13) This membership gave me tha chance to fly a glider and a Cessna single engine airplane. It also gave me a taste for the military/airforce and helped me to feed my interst for everything military. I will probably be asking lots of questions regarding the purchase,insurance and registration, and maintenace of a 6by6 military truck. I hope you will all bear with me and that my questions do not become to boring. Cheers to becoming a member of a cool site.:driver:

91W350

Welcome to the site! If you use the search engine you will find a lot of threads on these topics. Have a good read through those. Glen

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! You live in two great places. I travel to North Vancouver several times per year to visit one of our manufacturing plants, and elsewhere in BC to visit customers. I also travel to Denmark, both Copenhagen and Silkeborg. What model Cessna do you fly? I fly a 1978 152 II. It sounds like it's time for you to pick up an MV.

13thArmy

Thank you for the welcome. I really feel that I have arived at the right place, so to speak, were I can share my interests with so many like minded people. GlCaines, I was born in North Vancouver, so I can understand your attraction to the place. Lots of beautiful mountains so close to the city.I never did get my pilots licence,:mad: So my experience with a Cessna dates back to when I was 15 years old. Tell me about your manufacturing bussines. I would be interested to hear about that. I will be looking to buy a 6by6, preferably with a turbo cummins and a crane mounted on the back. I think it will be the ideal truck for my carpentry projects in the bush. I would be happy to hear any info that people would like to send my way. Cheers, the General of the 13th....:roll:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site Allen Glad to have you aboard I am from ND Sunny and a high today of 77 degrees and nothing but SUN and clear skies! (YES I am NOT telling the truth at all) But welcome all the same!
KK

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GlCaines, I was born in North Vancouver, so I can understand your attraction to the place. Lots of beautiful mountains so close to the city.I never did get my pilots licence,:mad: So my experience with a Cessna dates back to when I was 15 years old. Tell me about your manufacturing bussines. I would be interested to hear about that.
I work for Honeywell International, and we have a manufacturing plant located on Brooksbank Avenue in N. Vancouver. You should finish your pilots license. You have excellent opportunities for flying in BC.

13thArmy

Thanks again for the incredible welcome everyone. GlCaines, I went to Brooksbank elemtary school for grade 1 and 2, so I know the area you are talking about. Honeywell is a huge company and involved in the manufacture of thermostats for your home, among other things if my memory serves me correctly.
Stan, thanks for the invite. I will most certainly take you up on your offer for a visit to the local 118 Legion for a pint. I was in there many years ago. It would be nice to visit the place again. Perhaps I can ask you endless questions about the 6by6 you have in your avatar. Once again thanks to all for the warm welcome. I am impressed by your hospitality.:D

Stan Leschert

I live in the Calverhall area, and it would be good to meet up with you. The 6x6 is nice, but it is not the absolute best example of an M135. That one belongs to SuperDave, in Alberta. Ours comes close, and I think that I can arrange some "Green Time" for you, providing I know when you are coming.

We do a number of parades every year, and timings permitting,
you are more than welcome to ride "Shotgun" with me.

If you google M135, you might see a clip or 2 of the truck!

Talk to you soon! Stan.

Last edited:

13thArmy

Thank you Stan for that excellent footage of your Canada day celebration. There is a truck that has a crane mounted between the cab and cargo area that looks exactly like the set-up that I am looking for. Do you recognize this truck from the second video? If so I would love to hear some details about that truck. Cheers to everyone that has said hello.:cool:

Stan Leschert

That is an MLVW which is still owned by Canada, and as of now, is unlikely to be released to us civvies. The crane that you are talking about is actually a post hole auger. I went by that truck yesterday...it's parked in the compound next to where we keep the M135.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks