• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Cummins HMMWV project in the works!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Took a few pics of my rear bumper with the tire/can carriers mounted and thought I would share them. I like the setup overall. I am waiting on my spare tire to arrive from militaryoffroadtires.net so I can get it mounted on another 24-bolt wheel and get it hung on the back. Hopefully, John will get it out to me sometime in the next month. I have 4 surplus Scepter fuel cans ready to go, but I won't put them in the rack until I have a cable to lock them in there. Dang thieves :evil:

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Finally got some spare time to mount my spare tire on my last 24-bolt rim. It is always fun wrestling those things in place. Not as bad as mounting a 14R20, but fun nonetheless.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363049007.586511.jpg
Here's all the parts laid out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363049180.501586.jpg
The PVC beadlock insert stuffed between the beads.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363049218.279192.jpg
Rim sitting on a mud bucket.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363049247.677860.jpg
Tire and beadlock sitting on the rim.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363049310.253017.jpg
Nuts started, ready for the slow, gradual tightening with the impact gun.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363049376.905198.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363049391.107793.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363049414.400627.jpg
Tire mounted up with 4 Scepter cans in the rack. Finally coming together!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's rare to see a "doc" actually turn wrenches. I wish more docs that I work with daily were like you Chris LOL!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
LOL, people are always surprised that I work on my own vehicles, mow my own grass, do home remodeling, weld, etc... It's really fun to see the looks on the oil patch guys when I start talking about my days working on drilling rigs, stringing pipe and hauling drip gas. Most docs I know don't like to get their hands dirty. The orthopedic surgeons seem to be the exception to the rule. Most of them are gear heads too for some reason. They're fun to talk to until they start talking about their $145,000 Porsche GT3-RS or some other exotic.

Cycletek

I agree, I used to work for Gendex, G.E. Xray. I spoke to quite a few Doc's it seemed many of them lacked the ability to manage their lives and relied heavily on their office manager to keep things going. I also worked as a "civilian contractor" for the military and found those Doc's a bit more approachable. I share Patracy's admiration of your willing ability to get your "mechanic-on"......enjoying your project!

[thumbzup]

Tank007

The 47rh is still sitting in my storage but the engine is in the truck and mated to the 4l80e currently. I may switch to the 47 soon, I don't care for the trans shift controller mess.

TedG

It had to come out Augi, for the TH400 had to be pulled (the pump failed), so why not pull the body! I had a complete power plant ready to go so it was quick, correct and easy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks