• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the weirdest thing u saw on GL?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
just about six weeks ago i saw a lot that contained two mules... what i found funny was that they even listed their names and ages in the description... they also had pictures of each similar to how they have for a deuce... i was going to post it here when i saw it, but the bidding was active...
roflMikey, you crack me up :doh:

I remember seeing those live MULES listed and believe they were identified as Jack and Jenny. To help you out, sir, that would refer to their GENDERS, NOT their NAMES :!:

i.e.: Jack = male; Jenny = female

At least being MULES, they cannot reproduce so if you were also bidding on the condoms for them to use, they would have been pointless, and the condom size surely wouldn't matter.

---------------------------

I think my most unusual or noteworthy auction listings, I'd like to think the 3 or 4 Expandible Conex Boxes that combined into a complete Surgical Suite were an odd set of Lots. They came furnished with everything from the Scrub Basins and Doctor Lockers, Operating Tables and Lighting, Sterilization Area, etc. etc. etc. An MV Addict could set up his own modernized M*A*S*H Unit and "play doctor" in his/her own backyard.

Another nomination would be the hundreds of Arctic Snow Shoes - in and of themselves not so unusual but.... - offered for bidding at a GL Location in one of the Gulf Coast States area really set them apart.

I work in the Deathcare Industry (Funeral Home) so Body Bags, Grave Markers, Embalming Supplies & Equipment, and Mass Casualty Whole Body Dissolution Vats (Liquid "Cremation" Apparatus) are items that I'd BID ON rather than thinking that they are "weird". BTW - You don't have to "hide the bodies" if you liquify them and flush them into the community sewage system. aua

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"BTW - You don't have to "hide the bodies" if you liquify them and flush them into the community sewage system."

That's good info to know. I will keep that in mind. :cool:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a blacked-out M923A2 at Barstow. I asked the guy at the GL about it he didn't seem to know why the truck was there or why it was painted like that. Must have been used for some night time op's.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A couple of years ago at Cheyenne, WY they had brand new 16MM film projectors that had never been opened. I think there were over a hundred of them.

Since that is SAC headquarters I figured they were going to be used after WWIII to show training films.

Makes me wonder if they have a warehouse full of VCR's stashed somewhere they will surplus out in a few years.

Bighurt

Actually Strategic Air Command was headquartered out of Omaha Nebraska, Offutt AFB, 20th AF is HQ out of Cheyenne, WY, FE Warren AFB.

Either way your guess is probably dead on.

Bighurt

DOH!!!!!! I stand corrupted.:oops:

I know there is a big hole in the ground (like a hollowed out mountain) up there somewhere that is supposed to control things if the missiles start flying.
That was Cheyenne Mountain, home to NORAD based out of Peterson AFB, CO, actually it was Cheyenne Mtn Air Force Station. As of 2006 the mountain is an unmanned back-up facility.

NORAD - North American Aerospace Defense Command

zout

3 caskets for sale a while back.

Thought about getting them and giving one away to someone - but the other 2 for our use. But then I did not think Deb would greatly appreciate me thinking of her like that yet. Nothing like being totally prepared and save $$$$$$ in the process.

I guess she just plans on tossing diesel fuel on me to destroy the evidence where no box is needed - whadda I care - I will be gone.

Now if all three were full of condoms !!!!!!!!!!!! might been another story. (new to make this clear)

RDUKW

roflMikey, you crack me up :doh:

I remember seeing those live MULES listed and believe they were identified as Jack and Jenny. To help you out, sir, that would refer to their GENDERS, NOT their NAMES :!:

i.e.: Jack = male; Jenny = female

At least being MULES, they cannot reproduce so if you were also bidding on the condoms for them to use, they would have been pointless, and the condom size surely wouldn't matter.

---------------------------

I think my most unusual or noteworthy auction listings, I'd like to think the 3 or 4 Expandible Conex Boxes that combined into a complete Surgical Suite were an odd set of Lots. They came furnished with everything from the Scrub Basins and Doctor Lockers, Operating Tables and Lighting, Sterilization Area, etc. etc. etc. An MV Addict could set up his own modernized M*A*S*H Unit and "play doctor" in his/her own backyard.

Another nomination would be the hundreds of Arctic Snow Shoes - in and of themselves not so unusual but.... - offered for bidding at a GL Location in one of the Gulf Coast States area really set them apart.

I work in the Deathcare Industry (Funeral Home) so Body Bags, Grave Markers, Embalming Supplies & Equipment, and Mass Casualty Whole Body Dissolution Vats (Liquid "Cremation" Apparatus) are items that I'd BID ON rather than thinking that they are "weird". BTW - You don't have to "hide the bodies" if you liquify them and flush them into the community sewage system. aua
The mule named Brandon was on GSA last week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks