• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the weirdest thing u saw on GL?

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hummmmmm......I wonder if they will sell it off eventually like they did the missile silos.

Make a great place to survive the Zombies.

What would be good if does go for sale all of the SS members pitch in to buy it, then we would all have somewhere to bug out to. It would also be a good meeting point for a Rally a couple of times a year.

A

A/C Cages

Its capable of housing over 5000 people for 10 years from what the history channel said.

highsiera

2 months ago there were a set of 16 inch gun barrels for sale, in the desert. I can't remember if it was 9 or 12 barrels. mutilation required.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently, there were about 4 to 6 XM999 Cruise Missile Launch Control Trailers GL'd at the White Sands Missile Test Range, New Mexico. Each trailer had a HUGE 400hz Generator and an ARMORED 20 foot CONEX Container Type Control Room. GL's listing stated something about "small munitions and small arms resistant" concerning the armor upgrade. They road on 22.5x14 wheel/tires and were pulled by MANN Tractors. These units looked like they had been stored in their underground bunkers for their entire lives until turned over to DRMO/GL. As I recall, they each sold for $2000 to $2500 ! ! !

Anybody here snag one???

:jumpin:

edit:
Here's a link to illustrate the above mentioned system. A pic of the Missile Launcher Trailer is shown about halfway down the page. The Launch Control Trailer would be the "brains" of the mobile launch "site".
http://www.ausairpower.net/TE-Cruise-Missiles-1985.html

Last edited:

Bighurt

Here's a link to illustrate the above mentioned system. A pic of the Missile Launcher Trailer is shown about halfway down the page. The Launch Control Trailer would be the "brains" of the mobile launch "site".
Cruise Missiles Parts I, II
ALCM Air Launched Cruise Missile still utilized on the B-52H, there are 18 sitting behind me atm.

GLCM Ground launch Cruise Missile was utilized in the european theater, deactivated do to START I. Was almost replaced with Midgitman and the MGM-134 mobile platform.

Last edited:

mikey

roflMikey, you crack me up :doh:

I remember seeing those live MULES listed and believe they were identified as Jack and Jenny. To help you out, sir, that would refer to their GENDERS, NOT their NAMES :!:

i.e.: Jack = male; Jenny = female

At least being MULES, they cannot reproduce so if you were also bidding on the condoms for them to use, they would have been pointless, and the condom size surely wouldn't matter.

---------------------------

I think my most unusual or noteworthy auction listings, I'd like to think the 3 or 4 Expandible Conex Boxes that combined into a complete Surgical Suite were an odd set of Lots. They came furnished with everything from the Scrub Basins and Doctor Lockers, Operating Tables and Lighting, Sterilization Area, etc. etc. etc. An MV Addict could set up his own modernized M*A*S*H Unit and "play doctor" in his/her own backyard.

Another nomination would be the hundreds of Arctic Snow Shoes - in and of themselves not so unusual but.... - offered for bidding at a GL Location in one of the Gulf Coast States area really set them apart.

I work in the Deathcare Industry (Funeral Home) so Body Bags, Grave Markers, Embalming Supplies & Equipment, and Mass Casualty Whole Body Dissolution Vats (Liquid "Cremation" Apparatus) are items that I'd BID ON rather than thinking that they are "weird". BTW - You don't have to "hide the bodies" if you liquify them and flush them into the community sewage system. aua
No sir, they were two females.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=4083555

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABZrZblVjhk

Mikey

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How bout the lot of 1000 Feminine Napkins. A girl has to plan ahead so close to 83 years worth.

Last edited:

dimitrisnowden

Weirdest thing I've seen is almost ALL of the m923a2 vehicle summations read: "Powered by Cummins 6CTA8.3 6-cylinder turbo supercharged Diesel engine driving through..."

This is hysterical as we all know you cannot have an engine both turbo charged AND supercharged...lol

Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 11.26.15 AM.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And to differentiate between the LDS and LDT multi-fuel motors, they called the LDS Supercharged instead of turbocharged when in fact they both use turbos.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weirdest thing I've seen is almost ALL of the m923a2 vehicle summations read: "Powered by Cummins 6CTA8.3 6-cylinder turbo supercharged Diesel engine driving through..."

This is hysterical as we all know you cannot have an engine both turbo charged AND supercharged...lol

View attachment 532835
Its archaic, but turbochargers can be referred to as "turbosuperchargers."

And I've always understood that theres two types of superchargers - mechanical driven superchargers and exhaust driven superchargers. Exhaust driven superchargers are called turbochargers.

I kinda like the word "turbosupercharger." its fancy, like saying "whom, "athwart," "betwixt," and all the other highfalutin vernacular.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks