• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back after 3 years

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So are you looking to sell it and get out of the hobby ? It looks like you just have bad timing on wanting to list it,
but then again over the last 3 years if you had logged in a couple times a month and participated in the forum you
would have the count needed . Hopefully you plan on staying , there is talk of the upgraded classifieds coming in the next couple of months including tweaks to the posting rules hopefully . If you had only come back 2 weeks sooner you
would have had it listed . Best wishes on you future plans .

fisherman

Thank You Bob, There is a description as well as pictures on the M-715 zone for sale forum. I only built the truck so my father in law who gave it to me could see it restored while he is still alive. Also to show him what I was capable of and for him to hopefully appreciate the final product that he was never able to accomplish. I'm not going to make a profit by any means. I hope for someone else to enjoy it. I am not getting out of the hobby at all. Just moving on to what I've always wanted to do for myself. Finish my 1966 Cj-6 Jeep. I am working on a Toyota truck for myself to drive for work currently. It will be finished soon. I spent over 5 years of most of my spare time building the truck. My daughters are 9 and 11 soon to be 10 and 12. We hope we can buy a good clean used diesel truck to tow our boat to Eastern Washington for camping and fishing. The M truck sale will make that happen. My girls will be grown soon, and I need to take advantage of the fact they still want to go fishing with me. The above is the reason I did the truck and reason I'm selling the truck. The best thing about it all is the best friends I've made along the way. I wish I had posted the build here at Steelsoldiers but it was difficult enough for me to post it at the Zone. I'm hoping to have it on Ebay soon. I already attracted my first Craigslist Flake. Thanks Everyone

rollie715

Just moving on to what I've always wanted to do for myself. Finish my 1966 Cj-6 Jeep........ My daughters are 9 and 11 soon to be 10 and 12. We hope we can buy a good clean used diesel truck to tow our boat to Eastern Washington for camping and fishing. The best thing about it all is the best friends I've made along the way. Thanks Everyone
Speaking of the CJ-6, How about I stop by this Saturday morning and drop off the wheels for it? Don't worry about any finish fab work on the brush guard. If you can precut the connecting straps, I can do the final bending, fittiing and fastening when I get it back to the shop.

rollie715

I only built the truck so my father in law who gave it to me could see it restored while he is still alive. Also to show him what I was capable of and for him to hopefully appreciate the final product that he was never able to accomplish.
That's interesting. I got my first M715 from my uncle who had owned it since the mid 70's and used it in the family Housemoving business of which I was employeed. Later in life after he retired and sold the business, the new owner didn't want the M715 so it sat in the back of his garage until one day he asked me if I wanted it. As a newly married young man in my early 20's, I trailered it home and began rebuilding it and putting it back on the road. Part of my motivation was to resurrect the truck back to something my uncle would be impressed with and somewhat show off to him what I could do. Sadly, he passed away before the truck reached it's full glory. Being an old housemover from many generations, his family owned many 6x6's and other military vehicles which they used in the business. The M715 picture shown in my avatar is the finished truck which he never saw completed.

I hope that your truck goes to a good home and that the new memories you are are building for the future work out well.

fisherman

Rollie, I plan on being home until around 3 or so in the afternoon. I will be finishing cabinets for customers in the shop until 3 and then driving the M truck to a BBQ with my girls. You can PM me your email address and I'll forward my address for a mapquest for you if you would like. If I don't get a decent price I'll just have to save for a few more months for the diesel truck and keep the M truck. Oh are the wheels 6 lug? I think they were.

Kaiserjeeps

I hope you don't sell it. Or trade it. But your interests in doing things with your daughters is the most important. Some day when they are older they will not want to spend as much time with you as you may want. Take advantage of it. I turned my truck into a TIG welder and a few other things. I still miss ole snowball like crazy. Get the 6 built and have fun.

I personally wired Todds truck. I wired a fused aftermarket civilian harness in tandem with the military harness so everything on the truck still works correctly.
It took some time. On paper then in the truck. I have dozens of pictures of the process.
Even the under side of his dash is gorgeous. Every part and piece is uber clean.

You can't put a value on something in a picture. When you see it in person and drive it, you can then realize you are not dealing with a standard truck.

I hope you keep it. But more importantly get the 6 built. There's wheeling to be done this summer.:D

Edit: I am headed your way to trade some CJ wiring for shop and house drawings. If you still have your truck and want me to shoot it, let me know. 2nd week in April.

Last edited:

fisherman

Keep me posted as to which day you will be in the area. I'd love for you to stop by. There is a military truck show in Issaquah April 10. If I still have the truck then I'm going. Also the following weekend is an all Jeep show, which I may or may not go to. Yes I'm still planning on the deuce dash in the cj-6. I guess it makes it partial military Jeep. Wait until you see my new wheels I traded a brush guard to Rollie for. They are exactly what I've been looking for a over 6 years. Take care Kaiserjeeps, hope to see you soon. Column In tow??

rollie715

I'm equally as excited about the new brush guard I got from you. That is a great thing about trading. Sometimes both parties can go away thinking they got a great deal. I think it's going to add a lot of class to my J10-M715 project.

wrecker

Todd, those wheels you're getting from Rollie are the kidney bean style 6 lugs aren't they? If so, I have seven of them and 5 is all I need. Let me know if you need a spare.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks