• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever exported a Deuce to Canada?

13thArmy

I was wondering if anyone has ever exported a Deuce to Canada? Tell me about your experiences, both good and bad. I really would like to know how difficult it is. Cheers to all the helpfull people on this site!:idea:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If a Deuce was purchased in the U.S. and a EUC (End Use Certificate) was required, there are significant restrictions.
1. The vehicle cannot be transferred to a non-U.S. citizen, even if they have permanent residency in the U.S.
2. The vehicle can only be legally exported out of the U.S. if an Export License is applied for and issued in the U.S.

I don't know how difficult this is to do, but the seller of the vehicle covered by an EUC must apply for the export license. He cannot sell it to you without the export license being approved prior to the sale. I would recommend talking with some of the MV dealers in the U.S. that routinely export such vehicles and ask them how to proceed.

I have no idea about the rules in Canada about importing the truck, but I suspect you will have minimal problems on your side of the border.

13thArmy

Thanks for the info Gary. I guess I need to find out just how difficult that export licence is to get and how long the paperwork takes. That sounds like fun.:lol:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info Gary. I guess I need to find out just how difficult that export licence is to get and how long the paperwork takes. That sounds like fun.:lol:
Anytime you deal with a government agency it's "fun". It doesn't matter which government - different chapter but same book.

Jinx

There are licensed exporters who could help you with the transfer. I'd recommend giving them a call first to see what is needed and how much they would charge.

I worked over 10 years at a commercial vehicle lot here in Washington state and have a lot of experience transporting vehicles across the US/Canada border. An experienced, licenses exporter is definitely the way to go.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Is the truck going to stay in CANADA or transshipped to COPENHAGEN (as in your sig.),

13thArmy

The truck will be staying in Canada as I need it to do carpentry work on my property in B.C. With the price of about $2 a liter for fuel in Denmark, I do not think a Deuce will be the most practical vehicle. Does anyone have some links to companies in the North Western USA that export military vehicles? Thanks for all the info everyone. You guys are a helpfull group of people....8)

WPNS421

To import a deuce into Canada is very easy and no problems. I have dealt with Eastern surplus in Philadelphia, call and ask for Dave, good guy. These guys will customize a truck to your needs such as installing a Hiab. I have bought and imported 4 trucks and 2 trailers from him and will be getting my new M989 trailer in May when the weather becomes nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks