• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing a M1009 behind another M1009

gasser

So, as some of you know, I picked up another M1009 out of Florida. Builder77 had a towbar that needed to be picked up down there as well, so it was perfect timing. Builder77 also sent down spacers to be used (which I forgot to use for the first leg of the trip - led to an nerve-wrecking experience) - but all-in-all, both trucks are home safe and sound.

I tell ya - the towing truck kicked butt. I was able to cruise 50-60 with no issues and fuel usage went from 20mpg to approx 15mpg.

Here are pictures of the new truck; it will be sale after I get it cleaned up and running. GL says they are sending me a Bill of Sale and the SF97 .... we'll see eh?

-graham

http://www.iamforeverme.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=452

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Glad to hear everything worked out. From the pics it looks like it is in pretty good shape. Is she a runner?

gasser

Re: RE: Towing a M1009 behind another M1009

builder77 said:
Glad to hear everything worked out. From the pics it looks like it is in pretty good shape. Is she a runner?
Yeah, the truck is in good shape and has lots of additional items that my current CUCV doesn't have nor come with. I don't know at this point if it will run - it does need a new oil cooler but other than that, it may just fire right up?!

-graham

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Towing a M1009 behind another M1009

I guess the Gov. underestimated it a bit.

dilvoy

I have towed a few M1009's with another M1009 and I had no real problems. I have recently bought a Brake Buddy and I used it when towing a M1009 with another M1009 and it worked great. I had the braking set at the highest level. It gave me peace of mind. The Brake Buddy cost me almost $1,000, but I have put it to good use. I used it to drag my Crash Rescue truck ('88 GMC 4x4 Crew Cab Dually with utility body) home and hardly noticed it behind my Dodge Ram. It has been worth every penny I spent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks