• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW IFA W50 OWNER LOOKING FOR PARTS

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dirtmerchant, please add your location to your signature or profile and refrain from all caps, some folks get really irritated by this. Where did you get the W-50? There aren't but a couple in the US. Post a pic, I might have some personal knowledge of your truck.

DIRTMERCHANT

I bought the truck from a guy in Baltimore Maryland. He bought it from an auction in Tennessee. Ill send a pic as soon as i get one. Sorry about the caps. How much are they worth in good condition?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Worth is subjective, just not many around. Does yours look to have a bed from a US 5 Ton truck? If so I know the history of it and can hook you up with the guy that saved it. He traded it to a guy in TN and from there who knows where it went.

DIRTMERCHANT

The bed folds down on both sides and the tailgate folds down. Iam not to familiar with the us 5 ton truck beds but it looks like its not original. If you know who owned the truck before, i would like to contact him and find out some info on the truck.

Thanks for your help.

Scott Dennis
Fallston, Maryland

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact Ken Kock. m35a1@juno.com His website is www.uglytrux.com I'll bet the W-50 was his. I found it on the GSA site and Ken bought it. It had very low miles when he got it. Check his site, there's probably a pic of it. The bed is a 5 ton bed with folding sides and US Composite tail lights. Pretty wild truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reliability I have no clue. Ken has sources for parts, just send him an Email, he's a stand up guy and should have some info for ya.

RenatoPietsch

Information

For information of pieces of advice and tips for the IFA W50, come on our web page, we speak also English

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Information

Hi Renato. Welcome to SS. I just checked out some of the photos in the IFA gallery. They are a very impressive truck. The 's' is missing on the link in your signature by the way. Here's a link to the site: http://www.ifa-tours.de

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great pic Renato! So is the body on your IFA a stock body or did you build it specifically for your IFA Tours business? It's great to have some more international members on the site. I am grateful that you speak english because I can't speak a bit of german.

There was a guy name Nico Ellerman on the SS forum a long time ago. He was living somewhere in Germany and drove a CUCV Blazer. He may have even contacted me when it was just Chris' CUCV Homepage. I used to have a pic of his truck on the site somewhere.

So how many guys on your IFA site have a W50?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i get confused easy, do we have TWO ifa w50 owners , one in falston md. another in parksburg, pa., or one truck that just got resold, though it seems like we have had post from both recently

RenatoPietsch

steelsoldiers said:
Great pic Renato! So is the body on your IFA a stock body or did you build it specifically for your IFA Tours business? It's great to have some more international members on the site. I am grateful that you speak english because I can't speak a bit of german.

There was a guy name Nico Ellerman on the SS forum a long time ago. He was living somewhere in Germany and drove a CUCV Blazer. He may have even contacted me when it was just Chris' CUCV Homepage. I used to have a pic of his truck on the site somewhere.

So how many guys on your IFA site have a W50?
I speak only with the translator English. In the year 2004 I was with my IFA W50 in Canada, the USA and Mexico. The structure on the IFA, is of the military setting off suit-case, or container from GRP. This container is very stable and safe against light hand-held weapons. This container is original of the military and calls itself LAK. There were different versions of it (workshop, medical...). IFA W50 gives it still many in Germany in the year 2004 to still 38,000 W50. There is the IFA in the whole world in nearly each country whether in Asia, Africa, latin -, or South America. The IFA truck is very simple and simply developed and from everyone to to repair, it drives in the desert exactly the same, as in cold weather. The IFA Truck is extreme-cross-country, there it all-wheel drive possesses with reduction, and barriers for the front and rear axle, as well as the transmission. Upward gradients to 63% and stages of 40 cm can be overcome. There is also a wading plant, for overcoming water obstacles and a rope hoist. The IFA W50 possesses also a tire rule pressure plant, with which from the driver's seat, which can be controlled tire pressure. With difficult tracts of land, so air from the tires can be left up to 0,5 bar and the tires becomes so twice as broad. Thus more besitzter a large bearing surface. In the structure of container, a protection facility was installed, for the protection from chemical, biological and atomic contamination. Also much with the Trucktrial used the IFA trucks, a kind of sport with truck where steep rock passages will have to be mastered. On our IFA side (www.ifa tours.de) at present 800 members are announced. Here a picture like the IFA W50 LA/A/C in originals with the NVA (army) looks.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks