• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1 1/2 ton Pintle safety chain loops

WolfWalking

I just came across an interesting situation. I went to install the safety chain loops on my WC-63. The loops came from one of my parts frames, since gone. Much to my surprise, there are no holes for the loops. None, not even welded up holes, does anyone know if this was common for the earlier 1 1/2 tons?

:lost:

ryan

How are the bumperettes attatched if there is no holes?? The trailer chain eyes should be attatched through the bumperette and frame with the nut on the back

WolfWalking

Swordmd, thanks for the pics, if I had known, I would have taken pictures and measurements from the frame I stripped. My 63 is a 43', in the first 13000 trucks made, I bought it from a guy near Lewiston in Aug.

Would you be able to provide me some actual measurements, i.e. from the angle above, and from say, what it is between the bumperette bolt hole and the pintle backing plate hole? I would never consider pulling a trailer without rings on it.

You wouldn't need a set of metal 62/63 cargo boxes would you?

Ryan, thanks for the input, as you can see from Swordmd's pics, the rings have their own holes. I wouldn't want to use the bumperette holes as they are too far to the side.

[thumbzup]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks