• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Toyota vs WC56

Eric's hifim37

I have been working my rear off to get my WC56 ready for the Tower Park show and my neighbor Keith on his WC52 also, so the deal is I have this person at the auto parts store overhear me asking for zinc cromate primer and asks "what is that for ? I tell him it is the better coating for sand blasted bare metal. 'oh what are your painting ? I tell him a WW2 command car. He then tells me he restores Toyotas. I say 'thats nice" He then go's on to tell me that his restorations are more difficult than mine, I just laughed and said "you have no idea of what your talking about" He then gets persistant that he takes these cars down to the bare shell and rebulds them and then starts acting all ultra, I say Dude, you have to remember the WW2 vehicles were built for a life span of 30-90 days and the warranty was honored until it was loaded on the box car to war ! There was no extra primers, the metal was sometimes thinner and so on, I say they were built to be blown up and not cost the tax payers alot of money and 70 years later to even have one that is rebuildable is a miracle., I tell him lets see how your Toyotas look after 70 years and if they can be rebuilt, Geez

I wanted to tell him so other things but being a Toyota restorer I felt he wouldn't understand anyway :deadhorse:

swordmd

Love to see you all at Tower Park. Are you and Keith the ones that set up on the back row last year? It is good to see people that use their MVs. It would be nice to see restored WW2 Japanese trucks most Japanese in the hobby restore American iron.

Eric's hifim37

Hi Sword, yep thats us ! Hope to see you there this year, we are bringing all the toys for the Dodge show, I've been painting Olive Drab all day ! Keith has really put some duckets into his WC52 and it looks awesome.

Thanks for remembering us,

Eric..

Eric's hifim37

Funny, I had the same thoughts. I was just being our new way of "politically Correct" and showing our new way of "being Sensitive" Ohh, I need to go watch some more TV so I can receive my daily dose of "Subliminal" messages and go buy more foreign products instead of our own made in USA :cookoo:

robert c neth

Banned
as the owner of several landcruisers and several 6x6s and other ww 2 trucks almost all toyota parts are available even a website for them .ww2 trucks are great sometimes parts are hard to get.actually a toyota landcruiser is a scaled down cckw even some parts interchange i will take the cckw any day.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You inadvertently stepped into a pissing contest, that's all!

If you can appreciate both Toyotas and mil iron, then you are the true winner in any "which is better" contest.

Rick

3dAngus

convict, are you trying to get all 100 of your posts in one day?

What you got to sell?

(22 worthless posts now in 40 minutes, upping his count. Looks like he wants to try to sell a generator in the classifieds)

Last edited:

convict1

Is there a problem with me posting here....

Are watching me instead of tending to your own business.....

Can I comment on other folks posts or do I have to get your permission first ? :wink:

Sorry 3dAngus, I dont have anything to sell on this site.. :cookoo:

3dAngus

Yes, I'm watching you. OK.

Over 26 worthless post now in 50 minutes with absolutely nothing to say is not condusive to a proper forum. You are out of line and contaminating the normal netiquette appropriate to this board with all this childish and worthless crap. So if you don't have anything to offer, get lost.

3dAngus

:jumpin:

Ha! So you caught it.

I knew that right away, but decided to remain unresponsive so as to not aggravate the situation further. He has a 10K as an avatar too.

Just glad someone else mentioned it other than me.

KsM715

convict1, you just need to slow down a bit. The members here that have post counts in the thousands dont post 20 or more posts in one day.

And believe me if you hit 100 and theres a classified ad with your name on it, you will hear about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks