• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airpak not releasing

wcolt45

Been having a time with my brakes locking up,fluids not going back to m/c i can crack a line and its good for a bit then same thing,rebuilt the airpak recently and wander if i made a mistake somewhere,when they are locked cracking the bleeder screw on airpak does nothing,but when i crack the feed line at airpak to wheels it frees them up, put air tool oil in the can and at the compressor but didnt help,pedal is rock hard,what do i need to look at now?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you rebuild your master cylinder? If not, I think you need to. there are 2 tiny holes that can plug up(bottom of the reservoir). Also, be sure your vent line is not plugged.

poppop

What DH says is correct. I have had trouble with more than one. I also had one that the push rod lock came loose and the rod extended itself with use until the piston could not return all the way home which blocked the return hole.

Just saw your reply above. Did you adjust the push rod for the correct free play in the petal??

wcolt45

I've replaced all rubber hoses ,m/c ,rebuilt airpak,installed remote reservoir,rebuilt wheel cylinders,earlier today checked m/c by removing cap and pushing pedal down and i can see fluid coming back through the tiny hole in m/c,running out of things to check

hoop

With all of that checked I would say your brakes are way out of adjustment then.

hoop

Stan you are close....I have to do an engine swap next week. I would be willing to look and help the week after.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is your new remote res vented? it needs to be.

I would say the problem must be in the airpack air valve.

You can remove the pipe plug in the back of the booster. Put you finger over the hole and see if air builds some. If you notice any build up(when you let your finger off), your air valve is leaking.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you rebuilt the airpack, did you follow the rebuild proceedure outlined in the TM?

wcolt45

What part of the airpak controls fluid pressure ?I mean if i were to disassemble it again what parts need to come off to see why it went release pressure back to m/c? hopefully i wont have to take it completely apart.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the plug and see if air is building in the can. If it is, your air control valve is leaking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks