• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC54 my first WW11 Dodge

68427vette

post some more piccs!!!

anyhow,, the wc54 and wc27 ambulance are one of the most rewarding trucks to restore,, the thoughts, that go through your mind when you work on this truck, will be astounding.. When you get it done,, and an old veteran comes over,,, and just opens up.... its amazing.... jc

Wolfen

Here are some more Pictures of my WC54 before Restoration Started.

Attachments

FrankUSMC

Wolfen
I got my first WC54 back in 1984, yours is the 3rd one I have seen with the correct leather seats (going by the photo). The leather seats were often changed out to weapon carrier seats when they went though rebuild. You did good.
Superdave, on your WC54, if it is going to be years before you get to it. You might want to check to see if the insulation in the walls is cardboard. If it is, it might be worth your time to pull it out. It will hold moisture. Most of the WC54s rusted from the inside out from the cardboard insulation getting wet and the truck would rust from the inside out.
My last WC54 is now sold pending funds.
Good luck with your WC54s, I have owned alot of military vehicles sence I started in the 1970s, the WC54 was the BEST one of all.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Wolfen

Thanks for the Kind Words. FrankUSMC, I hadn't Reaized that the Seats were that Rare. I was told by the guy I bought the WC54 from, that he had Purchased another WC54 just for the Seats that are in mine. After he took out the Seats, he sold the Parts WC54. I'll Post more Pictures when I get some. I've Posted all of the ones I have. Now if I could just find someone to buy the WC53 that I have for sale I would be Happy. The WC53 was going to be my next Project, but things have changed. I no longer have the Time to Work on it. So I decided to sell it instead of being one of those guys you hear about who has a Project Veichle that he's going to Restore someday.:beer:

Barron

That's a great find, and a great piece for restoration. My first MV was a 41 WC with a frozen motor. I put a 270 Dodge HEMI out of a 56' dodge car in it. That truck would throw axles every which direction. The install was beautiful and looked like stock. Those ND tires would roost some serious mud until an axle broke. I had a pile of spare axles and fine tread nuts in a buket to keep me going. If there's an axle shortage for these trucks, thank me:)

Wolfen

Thank you. I should be finished with it this week. I'll post some more Pictures when I'm done. I have a Tool Kit, Fire Extinguisher, Decontaminator, and a First Aid Kit for it as well as the Pioneer Tools.
:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks