• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 D-Day adventure park June 24 25 26 Rally

davesgmc

yeah can get a bike to go quite a few palces around there. that is unless its some russian thing with a side car, then it will break down.

changing fuel filters and oil filter on elmo tonight. gonna load ferret up and get it strapped down, almost ready to go.

dctrack44

Open Park and MILITARY VEHICLE WEEKEND...O.F.A.S.T.

Military Vehicle Rally and OPEN TRAIL DAYS at D-DAY ADVENTURE PARK

next to O.F.A.S.T

JUNE 25& 26th2011

Open to the Public

Friday night 5P.M. and SAT 10am - 10pm, SUN 9am - 5pm

DDAP: Open Park all vehicles welcome $20.00 per Unit $5.00 additional Riders!

Camping included!

R.V. Camping is only $20.00 Per Night!

MILITARY VEHICLES GET INTO D.D.A.P.! FREE! (R.V. CAMPING FEES APPLY)

O.F.A.S.T

OKLHAOMA FULL AUTO SHOOT AND TRADE SHOW!

Events

Kill the Car

Sniper Match

Admission

$10.00 for 1 day 18.00 for both days

kids 10 And Under Free

Tent & RV $10 A Day Primitive camping

hook ups at D-DAY Adventure Park $20.00 per day.

Rental Arms

Thompson,FAL,M – 14,M – 16,M – 60,MP5,MG52,BAR,MINI GUN
and many more

Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot is proud to announce we will have a 1944 Stuart Tank with a live 37mm gun available for the public to rent and shoot.

Last edited:

davesgmc

I changed oil and filter i elmo motor, put nw fuel filters on, I flled them with lucas fuel injection cleaner when I put them on..AN that stuff makes the motor sound SWEET when it is runing on just that. That stuff does seem to clean my injectors out pretty well. Took it outfor a 70 mph spn a few miles down the highway. Gotta finish putting the radio mount on the elmo, get the antenna wire routed inside, put he floor plates back and and ELMO should be good to go.

Flyingvan911

I am also working on putting the radio stuff in/on my truck. Tomorrow I'm going to get new glass for the driver's side windshield. The u-bolts I got from McMaster Carr are a little to big so I need to get slightly smaller ones. Then it's time to mount it all and run wires and coax.

jwright

Going to pick up 35 gals of trans oil tomorrow for fuel, pack then hit the road early SAT morning for one fun a$$ weekend

davesgmc

oh, there aint gonna be time to eat, we got stuff to do!

there is a town not too far that has like 1 resturant, a dairy queen, and a pizza place. ther eis a cafe on site, not sure it wil be open or not. I may toss in some bottled water, a loaf of bread and some pb&j or something.

Aswayze

I am quite certain there will be vendors at OFAST if nothing else. Likely that the D-Day cafe will be open too.

Not too worried about it either way. The trip to town is pleasant enough and it's nice to shake the rocks out from between the duals every now and then anyhow.

Bottled water is not a bad plan. Local water is sulfur water so it's not the spiffiest to drink. Works ok for making coffee or anything where you heat it up/boil it since the sulfur evaporates out then but for straight up drinking it's not near so nice as bottled stuff.

Last edited:

davesgmc

i ahve seen some REALLY big rocks stuck between duals on some of dwaynes 2.5 there, wouldnt want to be behind that one going down the road. might be as bad as hitting a cow!

Cleptomaniac

OFESTS has a stand with hot dogs and burgers. And i have a Bobber im planning on driving up:p (long drive):( on Friday.
Thinking about leaving bout noon. We will see.

Aswayze

Sweet, I am really curious to see how a bobbed truck manages compared to a 6x6. Seems like it ought to be a **** of a lot easier to turn with.

Looks like you'll beat us there by a good bit, we'll probably be rolling in around 10-11 pm depending on if we good off and have dinner on the way in.

When you come in, you'll probably run into a fellow named Terry who's got a red Chevy pickup truck. He's a great guy and will likely suggest "the" camping area for the MV crowd. (Likely right by where he has his weekending trailer parked and of course, by default right by the coffee maker) If you don't see Terry, let’s play it safe and assume that we don't want to encroach in the RV camping area much and instead shoot for the primo tent camping spot. When you enter the place, go thought the D-Day entrance arch and note the Higgins boat on your left. Drive the loop road on around and seek to end up tucked into the area basically right across the road from where the bow of the Higgins boat is pointed (or at least where it would be pointed if Higgins boats were pointy) That gets us into a large enough area to maneuver our trucks without trouble, gives the guys with trailers close access to the primo trailer parking (right by the Higgins boat), and also gets us close to the Café, the central built up area, the restrooms, but at the same time gets us a little off the beaten path so nobody is likely to want to go whizzing past us with top fuel dragsters at 2:00 am. (Not actually a problem, but it still never hurts to be off the beaten path a bit)

If you’ve never been to DDAP, get out and look around a bit, Dewayne’s got some seriously cool stuff around there! You’ll probably see Dewayne sometime after 6 when he gets the surplus store shut down and the days “business” is over. Hopefully he’ll show up in his little hot rod M114 (which is COOL AS ALL GET OUT).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks