• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires

Superdave

I am going to Tower Park next month and I would like to pick up a good set of tires for my Goat and wanted to know if anyone might know some. I will be taking the I15 down through Montana to Salt Lake then across on 80 over towards Sacramento and then down to the meet. I was told by one person that the late Jack tomlin's place might still have some but I thought I would see what other might have to say.

Dave

frenchman

hi dave
the name of the guy that take care the yard at tomlin place is bob smart sorry i dont have is number from what i ear he his nice to deal with you have to call
first to make arrangement dont know if hes there every day
frenchman

Superdave

hi dave
the name of the guy that take care the yard at tomlin place is bob smart sorry i dont have is number from what i ear he his nice to deal with you have to call
first to make arrangement dont know if hes there every day
frenchman

Thanks I will try to give Alix a call on Monday for his phone number.

Dave

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what's the deal with Tomlin's yard? Is it still open and functioning? I know Bob Uhrig was listing some of his trucks? Here in a few weeks, i'll be close enough for a roadtrip there, just curious.

Superdave

I am not 100% sure as when I talked with Alix Gorden today and he said that Bob was scrapping a lot of stuff but when I talked with Bob I was only interested in the tires but it sounds like he is only there on Sundays so you would have to more that likely have to plan for a Sunday pickup.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's too bad. Guess I'll have to plan a mad dash out there this summer from WY.:driver:

Superdave

Here is a pic of how many goat tires tomlin has, Got some in Oct took pics of yard lots of stuff!!!

what shape are the tires in overall (dry rot, cracks, percentage of tread left ) and what did he charge you for them as I have been told a few different prices.

Do you know if he has any Gamma Goat parts or just the tires ??

Last edited:

Militoy

I wouldn't hesitate to buy new repro tires, or mounted used ones that I could inspect - but be very cautious of NOS tires still in the wrappers. I purchased a full set of 7 NOS tires from northern Calif that looked perfect when they arrived - but they were **** to get mounted - and split like crazy after they were inflated to 25 psi. The worn down tires are in much better shape than the poorly stored NOS ones.:mad:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've been talking to dukw parts in chicago about some tires. They have NOS for $150. Or $25 for take offs. I'm going to ask for some pics of their take offs.

Wolf.Dose

Looks like scrap stock. 11.00-18 tires are not made any more for at least 10 years. Even the US-Army does not know any more source for new tires. The repalcement size is 12.00-18 from Cheoslovaca or Russia.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks