• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS support by CM AUtomotive Systems

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CM Automotive Thank you for your support.
I wish AM General would back us up when we need parts to for the ols Deuce & 5 ton ect.
body parts elect and so forth and so on & more.
I would like to have that system on my BOB Deuce XM381A2.

jeep-Jeep

That manifold was manufactured on Dec 04, 2000 and made to Revision C... we currently are on Rev. P. I want to make sure that there's lacquer on at least one of the screws that hold down the flat cover plate (that has our name on it) - this will tell me if someone other than CM has opened the Manifold and exposed the electronics.

TDA
What changes have been made since revision C

mktopside

Banned
I don't understand how the tire pressures could be different if both tires are on the same channel - send me a drawing of how the system is plumbed.

The single biggest issue with our (any) CTI system is the quality of the air supply. Dirt/sand are not an issue but oil and water are killers - especially oil! Oil will attack the elastomers in the wheel valves and manifolds causing first a change in the stiffness of the diaphram, eventually rupturing the materials. Water causes dirt to stick in passages causing blockages (again, sand and dirt alone are not an issue, the system self-cleans).

TDA
I'd have to crawl under the truck to draw you an exact pic, but going off of memory, there are three lines from the manifold that go to a "T" on each axle, the short ends of the "T" go to each wheel respectively. So I think it's pretty safe to say that if I'm having issues with different pressure in each tire on the same axle, I should take a look at the wheel valves?

Good to know about the oil screwing things up. That being the case, what chemical would you recommend to use to clean out the lines and wheel valves? Can I just take apart each wheel valve and wipe everything down? Should I coat the internals with a very thin coat of silicone spray? Water then compressed air ok for the lines?

Again, THANK YOU for being here to help us out!!

bigmech

I have a M35A3 The display behind the steering wheel would once in a while show bits and pieces of letters then it went into a thick black line and doesn't work anymore. I used to be able to turn the power off and on a few times then it would work a few more times. Now its done . Any ideas? It is always showing a thick black line across the screen. I use the truck on the dunes with our church groups and the CTIS is very cool and cuts down on time when it works. Thanks.

3dAngus

Dang it! That sucks.

At least we find why the CTIS is so prone to failure. Sounds like oil and water, ie. lack of maintenance or inappropriate maintenance. Some of these home remedies of inserting oil is destructive, and not draining the water daily is harmful as it ends up acting like a dirt collector on delicate parts.

This was a good thread. Please consider passing the word on at the appropriate time to all M35A3 owners with CTIS questions and/or complaints.

AceHigh

not draining the water daily is harmful as it ends up acting like a dirt collector on delicate parts.
I drain my tanks, but the air dryer is great- I have never had any water come out. I really love that unit. It has a filter to catch oil and dirt also. I replaced the filter as one of the first items of maintenance.

Rustygears

The Haldex dryer is a great addition to the M35. I never have any moisture in my tanks. I'm sure that it also keeps the air operated parts from corroding and getting gummed up

RealCavDog

Thanks for your company concerns .
I have a system that only shows flat on display .
I now have a new manifold to replace and some wheel valves on the way .
Any sujestion would be appriciated .

My 1999 M35A3 did this "FLAT" flashing for about a week, I never had a flat, until I noticed axle lube leaking from the axle shaft flange, and then the tire started going flat slowly.

Upon tear down inspection and research on GlCaines thread, I discovered that the O-ring/Quad-ring seals appeared to be leaking and I suspect that the "FLAT" flashing may have been a preliminary warning that the hubs were not holding pressure as needed ! Other than this minor maintenance issue, my CTIS system has worked perfectly up to this point !

Will be posting an update on my thread after the repair and repack to confirm or eliminate my theory, but just got my parts from Mcmaster-carr and am waiting for a day off to do it ! VERY OPTIMISTIC !

saddamsnightmare

November 3rd, 2011.

CM Automotive:

Gentlemen:

Permit me to extend my thanks to you for the folks on here that have M35A3's, as their trucks are apt to have more issues on many systems as they are inherently more complex machines then the M35A2 or Unimog which I own. There is a fair chance that our members will be preserving and driving these vehicles much longer then Uncle Sam ever calculated for, so your engineers are very likely to obtain life cycle information on the CTIS components that you would not obtain any other way. Having seen some of the Russian CTIS designs, they do tend to overbuild things, which according to most modern engineers is inefficient design, but then few engineers are getting shot at dealing with CTIS failures.
The system does need to be maintainable beyond the Army's original specifications, and most of us are not able to match Uncle Sam's bankrolls, but you might also want to examine some of KIA's military trucks, as they are often designed around uprated or improved versions of our technology of twenty five years or so ago, with the advantage of having figured out what were the weak links in the original engineering or assembly work.
Again, Thank you for your willingness to assist our members when the system has its off days, as if we cannot repair it, we often will have to scrap out otherwise excellent vehicles and systems.[thumbzup]

knelezen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M35A3 CTIS isn't working. It turns on and does a pressure check. It will deflate the tires but it will not inflate the tires. Does anyone have an idea about this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks