• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovered my M871 today

kstate90

Friend and I went to Fort Riley today to pick up my M871 that I won 3 weeks ago. Things went pretty good. We only had two problems. The jack handle was missing. Luckily I had a few tools and was able to get the jacks up with the help of Robert the GL employee who picked the trailer up with the forklift so it was easier to jack. I should have noticed that in the pictures but missed it. Funny thing is I have a brand new jack handle in my shop. The only other problem we had was one of the turn signals did not work and brake lights did not work. The lights work when you turn the on and the left turn signal works. We decided it was going to be better to diagnose them at home so i followed behind him in my pickup. Here are a few pics of the trailer and a surpise we saw on the lot.

My friend and I were both very pleased with the condition of the trailer. The deck is in excellent shape. The tires are almost new. With a little bit of work on the lights and a coat of paint I think it will work perfect for what I want to do.

Attachments

evldoer

Thats a nice looking trailer, the landing gear seems to be pretty heavy-duty. I wish I had a big truck to haul a trailer like that, but then it would mean I would end up hauling more and bigger stuff home!
What do you plan on using it for if you dont mind me asking?

kstate90

I am going to put tanks on it and use it to haul fertilizer and water to tender my sprayer and planter. I will also use it to haul bales and other stuff.

evldoer

Should work out well for you then. Looks like it has some storage compartments on the side, you dont see those on many flat beds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks