• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4th Semi-Annual Texas MV Rally

nofearnohope

Well, we have 3 Texas Rallies under our belt and its time to start discussing the 4th. I need input on how many people are interested and can afford to attend. I also need thoughts on dates, preferably somewhere in the October-November range.

runk

As my son said on the way out of the park -
"When's the next one, and why don't we do these more often ?"

Sign me up for the fall.

While a new place would be interesting, the ability to get the whole park to ourselves and camp there as well is a huge benefit !

OL AG '89

Close to austin????
I have a sworn dislike of austin.....
but I'd be wiiling to give Bastrop area a shot?????
Any good trails for us around there?
Another sugeestion is General Sams Park in Huntsville. BIG park lots of trails, big wide trails...
I'm good with any weekend Nov except opening weekend!!!! need to restock the freezer with some Venison!!

Barrman

How about November 18,19,20? That way deer season and Veterans Day parades won't interfere. Just a week before Thanksgiving though. Plus if we do it in Bryan again. I can head off for another Yell Practice like last fall.

nofearnohope

If we do it anywhere but her in Bryan, we need to make sure it is a secure location for our own vehicles as well as the helicopters. The Army will not let the helicopters come if the area cannot be easily secured.

OL AG '89

BVORR is nice location, but the trails are not "BIGBOY" friendly.....
How "secure" does the area need to be?
The definition is sketchy as D troop could land all over Belton Lake area, certainly not secure with the Ft. Hood open post policy back then.
Weather is an issue, but I'll prepare for the worst, hope for the best!!
Maybe we can get more people if we move the location North/South/East or West????

Barrman

I think a bobbed truck would do ok on 75% of the trails at BVOR.

I was driving home from the LSMVPA meeting last night and had a thought. Most of the people at the meeting were wearing some kind of MVPA t-shirt, including Colton. I have a few as well. I also have a pair of Rally t-shirts now. The only problem is I don't like wearing t-shirts by them selves. I like shirts with pockets and such. What about instead of a shirt for the fall Rally, we had hats made up? Maybe just what is on the new banner instead of dates and such?

I have no clue on cost, just an idea.

Barrman

I saw Badger the younger at the Temple air show Yesterday. He says Lincoln has been out of touch for a while now. Anybody know if he is ok?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll give him a ring or stop by this week to make sure he didnt fall off the face of the earth. :wink:

Update:

He said he's just swamped with work. No word yet on location.

Last edited:

nofearnohope

Just checking in to let everyone know that I am ok and still here. I have been bogged down here at work and at home with some personal stuff. Thanks for the concern. I am still sold on BVORR and if anyone wants to have the rally somewhere else, please either get me the contact info or see what you can work out. I can continue to arrange the rallies and shirts locally, but have gotten a lot busier at work where researching a new place would be difficult.

OL AG '89

I'm still good with BVORR, but would like to get to the other side of the trails. Each time we've been there it's been fenced off. Maybe I'll bring the fourwheelers next time to do a little scouting pre trail ride time.
I like the location, like the people, like the town WHOOP, just maybe change the scenery.....
I'll call Gen. Sam's and a couple of other place around central TX see what I can find out...

Lincoln, I really enjoyed meeting and swapping lies with your father last time!!!! He is a STELLAR individual!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks