• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4th Semi-Annual Texas MV Rally

nofearnohope

I remember the first time we were out there, something about the owner not minding if we knocked down some trees ?
Any chance we could trade some trail widening for part of the weekend's cost ? I wouldn't mind spending 1/2 day cutting and hauling, if it would get us a couple more deuce friendly trails.
I'll check with the owner, but I think any clearing we did would be strictly for our benefit. I doubt we are going to be able to do anything to get the price down any more since he is already charging us less than half of what his current rate is.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I don't see any reason for not inviting anybody that has a MV or likes MVs, SS is about PROMOTING the MV hobby along with the ownership of MVs, ONE reason the GA. rally is growing so fast, is that EVERYBODY is invited, owners and non-owners who never heard of SS or the MVPA show up, this helps the MV world, by LIMITING ATTENDIES to SSers only is cutting our noise to despite face and VERY SHORT SIGHTED AND BAD FOR EVERYBODY

Barrman

There are a lot of us MVPA types coming to the Rally. Most of us here started here and then went out to find the MVPA and local chapters. Not so many MVPA types go the other way.

Barrman

That might be a good idea. However, while MVPA members might make up a good percentage of the SS active member family. SS members do not make up much of a percentage at all of the MVPA family.

We in Austin with the LSMVPA are kind of unique. We might actually have 60% of the people at an event or meeting be SS members. That normally happens at a few meetings a year. The rest of the time, we are in the minority by a good bit.

OL AG '89

I'm game for ALL who are interested to attend. We might want to discuss the "RULES" for the different levels of attendees. Full blown Nuts for MV's(Barrman & the like), Seriously considering removing limb for additional MV's ( Me & others) and then the casual observer, that doesn't have a MV but NEEDS one!! ( insert name HERE )

Also, because we are promoting the HOBBY, it makes sense to put this information out to everyone and then control access at the site, based on some criteria we decide upon.

Anybody have a current count of WHO's IN?
IF not I can start a poll

Barrman

You guys got me wrong. I wasn't saying we should limit attendance. The more the merrier. I was just pointing out in a not very good way that a lot of MVPA types don't always get on line or feel the need to get on line by the hour like we do. They might not understand the level of addiction some of us have.

Barrman

Kind of like at the last Rally in March. 7 or 8 of us were in the shade of the EM-50 talking about MV's (what else?) and a part or piece or something was mentioned several states away. Between us, we knew people along the way to get the part here. Only 5 or 6 hand offs involved. Really pretty small compared to some of the cross country MV part journeys. However, some of the Jeep/non Mv addicticed people heard us talking. The comment that we were like a bunch of addicts trying to get our fix no matter the effort involved was made. We all laughed and agreed.

That was all I was trying to say. We actually have a few people in the LSMVPA who are in the hobby for the money. I know WTH, you can make money in this hobby? They find MB's or something like that, use the MVPA contacts to build it up and then sell them to people who think they would be neat to own. Not the same as us. Not bad, just different.

Last edited:

OL AG '89

Understanding the Misunderstood

Tim, You've been WRONG a lot longer than just this thread, so let's dispell that RUMOR!!! LOL rofl

"THAT BOY AIN'T RIGHT!!!"

I understood that there are some out there that do this because they want to, there are some out there that do this because their kids don't like them hanging around and then there are the rest of us.... Soup to NUTS, all there!!!

Anybody know how to start a poll on an open thread?

badga the badger

i just dont like hard-core MVPA people giving me endless speeches about how its horrible that im bobbing my deuce(has happened atleast two seperate times). i just dont want to head to this rally and be shooed away by owners like that. i know you guys wont do that.

runk

November 18-20 looks good for me. I will have my brakes fixed by then !!! Maybe even the new M105 camping trailer (I may have to bring it just so my wife doesn't have to look at it over the weekend....).

nofearnohope

I'm going to start a post that has the names of people coming to this next rally. If your name is not on the list and you are coming, just quote it and add your name to the list.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks