• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4th Semi-Annual Texas MV Rally

pistolnut

nofearnohope
barrman
ol ag '89
two.fivem35
niferous
canonninja
txdodge43man
runk
pistolnut
Hey everyone! I was just thinking about this but hadn't had a chance to check SS. I've been working on my truck in progress and will hopefully have the V-8 715 out for this one.

I was worried becuase I have an event at work that is all consuming the previous week through the previous weekend which is when I first thought these dates were but I should be able to make these dates.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

marshalltx

nofearnohope
barrman
ol ag '89
two.fivem35
niferous
canonninja
txdodge43man
runk
pistolnut
badga the badger

I'd like to make this one; last year was good fun at the offroad park in Bryan so I vote the same spot. Campfire was a nice bonus...

-Marshall

Barrman

Allen, Boxcar told me on the phone the other day he is planning to return. I haven't had a chance to contact Kwai and Sermis yet.

pvtjorge

I will make a note of the event on the Military Museum of Texas calender and will also talk to the 6th CAV group as I am also a member and they like doing camp outs. The CAV is mostly WWII but they have members with M35's and other M series vehicles. This will always be a Steel Soldier event but by inviting other groups it can open doors to other shows and events that one group does and otheres do not know about.

There isn't a MVPA chapter in Houston that I know of.
There is, "The Blue Bonnett Military Motor Pool"

austin99

nofearnohope
barrman
ol ag '89
two.fivem35
niferous
canonninja
txdodge43man
runk
pistolnut
badga the badger

Austin99

I plan to be there. Driving up for Corpus Christi! Sounds like a great time. It is about a 4-4.5 hour drive in a regular everyday driver. Im sure it will take a long time in my deuce. Never driven that far in it. Does everyone camp out over night? What will the fees be?
Thanks for the Info!

Barrman

You are a little over 200 miles. I had mine down in Corpus a few years ago to drag a truck back for somebody else. Figure 5 hours each way. Hwy 77 to Hwy 21. Be carefull going down the hill into LaGrange.

Yes, we camp on site. You can stay inside the bunk house if you don't want to tent or truck bed it.

bsteinborn

I'd sure like to attend. I am picking up my first M35A2 next weekend and would enjoy getting it a little dirty in November. Exactly where is the rally being held? Is the cost $300 per MV? Thanks.

Sirblissfull

nofearnohope
barrman
ol ag '89
two.fivem35
niferous
canonninja
txdodge43man
runk
pistolnut
badga the badger
Austin99
osut362
Sirblissfull

I may or may not bring the wife and kids some days I do not want to admit I know them.

I also forwarded a link to this thread and the time and place to Larry Steed Blue Bonnet MVPA president.

I did not add Bsteinborn to the list as he said he would " like " to attend not that he " was " attending.

Barrman

Boxcar says he is bound and determined to make it as well. However, he still hasn't found and installed a new tie rod end which is what kept him away from the spring gathering.

Sermis is changing job duties and won't know until closer if he can make it.

Kwai is also unsure of his schedule at this time.

two.fiveM35

Guys, I am probably going to scrap one of my M101a1's. I will be keeping both the wheels and a few other parts. Does anyone need any parts for a M101a1 that you might be fixing up. Please pm me and I can bring
it the the rally.

nofearnohope

I'm hoping since Barrman added this event to the Lone Star MVPA calendar, we get some of those guys over here for this. I also hope the wildfires don't ruin this thing for all of us.

nofearnohope

nofearnohope
barrman
ol ag '89
two.fivem35
niferous
canonninja
txdodge43man
runk
pistolnut
badga the badger
Austin99
osut362
Sirblissfull
fuzzytoaster

Dont forget the fuzzy one.
How could we ever forget the fuzzy one?

This puts us up to 14 people signed up. That still has the individual amount at $47/each. Lets get some more people signed up.
Barrman, can you check with your guys over at the LSMVPA to see what, if any, interest there is in coming to our rally?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks