• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 Crew Cab Build Starts

hdmax

Looks fun. I think an M36 would be perfect for a crew cab. Remove the 17' bed replace it with a 12 footer, a crew cab and the spare tire between the cab and bed.

Flat Black

you do realise that at least two of your tires are mounted backwards...??

cool build, looking forward to progress pics. How are you going to connect the two "cabs" together on the inside? just patch it with sheet metal or a big plate to cover all the seams and joints, etc or ??? seems like they dont fit well from looking at the picture above..

ApopkaFL

Banned
you do realise that at least two of your tires are mounted backwards...??

cool build, looking forward to progress pics. How are you going to connect the two "cabs" together on the inside? just patch it with sheet metal or a big plate to cover all the seams and joints, etc or ??? seems like they dont fit well from looking at the picture above..

yes the tires came like that. I havent drove that truck since ive got it much, the tires came like that. As far as the floor i am going to sheet metal it. It will look good once its done. it will look like the rest of the floor.

ApopkaFL

Banned
I am back home tonight so any updates will be about week or two out cause I am going to strip a deuce down my friend wants to do away with and I am going to get the frame to do the lift with.

Now what I got done today. I have the floor done. Still need to work on the side panels. They will do that while I am not there. I bolted the cover in so if need I can have access later on. I plan to carpet the whole inside once I am done. I drop the windshield down 5" today. It was not as bad as it sounds to do it either. I took the windshield from the donor cab and used it. So I will have a perfect A3 one when all said and done. I have decided that I am not going to do the suicide doors. Instead the doors are going to fold up. (Like in the Back to Future Car) All 4 doors will open to the top of the deuce. They will be on an electric solined that will release a latch and the door will open automatic. Here is some photos.

Attachments

jesusgatos

I have decided that I am not going to do the suicide doors. Instead the doors are going to fold up. (Like in the Back to Future Car) All 4 doors will open to the top of the deuce. They will be on an electric solined that will release a latch and the door will open automatic.
April fools? I hope...

Would be a lot cooler if they hinged down. Then at least you could use them like steps/ladders to climb up into the truck.

ApopkaFL

Banned
April fools? I hope...

Would be a lot cooler if they hinged down. Then at least you could use them like steps/ladders to climb up into the truck.

Thats what he said, I cant think of how the door will fair with people walking on it to get in the truck?? OR do you mean fold all way out of the way?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks