• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Farm Fresh A5

crankshaft45

One thing you might consider, if the shrouding is still off you might want to take out the screw on the carb extention tube. The other two will hold it just fine. The way it is now, if you need to pull the carb you will also have to take the shrouding off and pull the fuel pump to get that one screw.

combat32

No Asa, I was just counting everything I have spent so far including purchase price.:mrgreen:I have replaced plugs, fuel pump oil,oil filter sediment bowl filter.Gonna need new tires, dust boots, new choke cable.

Not planning on a frame up resto, looking to make it serviceable probably some paint sometime in the future.

asgtoolman

Have fun; they're a LOT more fun with 4 wheel steer- doesn't take a field to turn them around and I have never experienced anything "squirrelly" about 4 wheel steer even at top speed!

crankshaft45

I see that using the Wix filter in the fuel tank the fuel pick up will have to be shortened about 3/4 inch, or an adapter ring made to take up the extra space at the top. Either way will work fine.

combat32

I just took the metal cap off the top of mine as that was how the old one was done, drill a hole in the bottom center and run an all thread screw thru from the bottom with a nut on top, mine seems to work fine, been driving it for over a week now with no problems.

crankshaft45

A big thanks to combst32 for the information on the wix fuel filter! It adapts very well to the mule system. Rather than shorten the fuel tube by 5/16 inch I cut a 2X3/16 inch steel ring to make up for the shorter filter. I put it in today and it works fine.

Attachments

convict1

Thats a nice one. The side rails aren't all dented & torn up, beat to death. Wish I still had mine but I swaped it straight up in 2003 for a completely refurburshed 71' Am. Gen. Duece then ended up selling that for $ 7000.00 so it all worked out in the wash. Still miss the M274

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks