• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Rmtaunton

It didn't flex at all that I noticed , as that was what I was watching for :) and thank you . I still will weld the 3x3 to cross members but I think it's good to go , also the cheap 40 $ winch I bought for it is just straight copper brushes to coils so it doesn't care that I ran 24v to it so I don't have to worry about elec issues , it doesn't even have solenoids just on/off for up and reversed for down

welldigger

It didn't flex at all that I noticed , as that was what I was watching for :) and thank you . I still will weld the 3x3 to cross members but I think it's good to go , also the cheap 40 $ winch I bought for it is just straight copper brushes to coils so it doesn't care that I ran 24v to it so I don't have to worry about elec issues , it doesn't even have solenoids just on/off for up and reversed for down
From time to time an auto crane comes up for sale cheap and I was worried about how to reinforce the bed. Those are commonly 24v so good to go there.

Rmtaunton

But an auto crane or most are made to lift more than my 1 ton , at the same time I am not worried you have been here longer than me and I have read lots of your posts , so without a doubt I know you will get it right , or let's just do it at the GA ralley ,

welldigger

But an auto crane or most are made to lift more than my 1 ton , at the same time I am not worried you have been here longer than me and I have read lots of your posts , so without a doubt I know you will get it right , or let's just do it at the GA ralley ,
Well I was only wanting a 2 ton unit. Nothing crazy. I really am hoping to score one with full remote function. Including power pivot. So if I just do what you did and add a little more vertical support with the ribs of the bed I should be ok. Thank you for the compliment.

wilfreeman

I sure could've used one of those when loading all of those deuce tires the other week before the Denton rally! I guess the tractor/boom pole worked ok, but was still a lot of work!

Rmtaunton

You better do a better job than you did welding the bedsides back on. Otherwise I'll have to talk smack about it... Lol
Ha but very true , let's compare welds on my reciever hitch not bedsides as dang it burns through , .... How are ya Garret , hope you are getting better , hope you know always room for another deuce or jeep in my driveway , you are welcome anytime

Jeepsinker

Lol, getting better every day bud. The couch was fine. Just as long as you don't mind leading me to your place when I come through. Your house is like El Dorado for me to find apparently.

TsgtB

I finally got to prep and paint my MRAP adapters and got half of them put on before it got too hot.
Picked up a couple 6 ton jack stands, my 3" bearing socket and a big bearing packer and a better needle grease tip.
I forgot to get differential fluid, but I can still flip my hubs and do the fluid later.
So, I'm on track and making progress.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last weekend I added teflon tape to the master cylinder cap threads (I put at least 4 layers of tape - so nice and thick). After about a week of sitting it appears to have solved the leaking (for a remote reservoir). [thumbzup]

Though it does seem to want to leak a bit from the base of the remote reservoir itself. I'm hoping it is just some left over from my accidental over fill.

I did finish my poor copy of peashooter' axle/transfer case/transmission vent cap replacement and under the hood relocation. I should have mounted the manifold under the hood a bit higher. The wiring harness might vibrate against the bottom of the air tool muffler on the manifold. I'll probably see if I can put a few more layers of electrical tape in that spot.

I do want to say that all the axle vents must have been plugged as they each had a "psst" of internal pressure. The front axle especially since I last had it open when the weather was at least 20-30 degrees cooler. A good modification! I sure did get dirty routing and securing the hose though. :p

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

I did finish my poor copy of peashooter' axle/transfer case/transmission vent cap replacement and under the hood relocation. I should have mounted the manifold under the hood a bit higher. The wiring harness might vibrate against the bottom of the air tool muffler on the manifold. I'll probably see if I can put a few more layers of electrical tape in that spot.

View attachment 557447 View attachment 557448
That install job is looking real clean; nice.

I lost track of the reason for the relocation of the vent off of the axle; what was that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks