• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

AZK9

Well... I've been working like crazy to prepare my deuce for my NJ to AZ road trip.

There just are not enough hours in a day, or days in the week for me to make the progress I'd like.
Seems sometimes like I advance at the speed of a two legged turtle! :oops:

Anyway... I recently made and mounted a bracket for my solargizer. Since I do not like drilling holes in my

deuce, unless necessary, I took advantage of the location of the exhaust-stack clamp and fabricated an adaptor

which used the existing attachment point to secure the module in a location that ought to get enough sunlight.

solargizer-m35a2-bracket.jpg

So far I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Another Ahab

deuce, unless necessary, I took advantage of the location of the exhaust-stack clamp and fabricated an adaptor

which used the existing attachment point to secure the module in a location that ought to get enough sunlight.

View attachment 643383

That sucker sure isn't going anywhere; It looks like 1/4" plate and 1/4" angle. That should be plenty solid! [thumbzup]

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF1555.jpg Over the last couple of weeks I refurbished the racks and troop seats, and spent yesterday and today doing a WD-40 rubdown on the deuce. Looks good, more green now than grey. We're just about ready for the Sept. Camp Delta meet at Lodi, CA.:D

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Ahab. There is a thread here on Steel Soldiers with info on using WD-40 as a temporary paint restorer. Some of the guys had good luck using it, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well... I've been working like crazy to prepare my deuce for my NJ to AZ road trip.

There just are not enough hours in a day, or days in the week for me to make the progress I'd like.
Seems sometimes like I advance at the speed of a two legged turtle! :oops:

Anyway... I recently made and mounted a bracket for my solargizer. Since I do not like drilling holes in my

View attachment 643383

AZK9 Thanks. I like your idea for locating your Solargizer. I don't like to drill holes in my Deuce either, and was looking for a spot to locate mine that didn't require drilling, and got adequate sunlight .:idea:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used my deuce to haul away clippings from the bushes that separates me and one of my neighbors. The hedge went from about 14' tall to ~5.5', so, MUCH shorter, and was about 60' in length. We just barely got everything packed into the M105, but of course I didn't get a picture of the M105 completely full with all the branches and leaves. Why load the M105 and not the deuce? Well, the local dump prices trailer loads by the number of axles, not the weight. Single axle trailers are just $5.00. Bwhahah!

2016-09-10 13.12.29.jpg

The the bushes behind the happenings of the trailers here were what was cut. They used to reach to the overhead lines running across my driveway.
2016-09-10 15.46.26.jpg

Last edited:

jbayer

I replaced mine after that 45 degree brass fitting on the block broke off ! I went with PTFE stainless steel hose as I never want to have to replace them again !
My "new ones" are dated 1989. But at least now I have samples to try and get some PTFE stainless hoses made too. Have'nt found anywhere close by here that does that.

AZK9

AZK9 Thanks. I like your idea for locating your Solargizer. I don't like to drill holes in my Deuce either, and was looking for a spot to locate mine that didn't require drilling, and got adequate sunlight .:idea:
Hi Tracer...

It seems to be a good location, but making up the bracket was a bit tricky since there's an angle (as the clamp sits on the exhaust)
that made my design more complicated than I had originally expected. I'm not sure that it's the same on all M35A2 exhaust stacks,
but I'm guessing that you'll probably find something similar on yours.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Tracer...

It seems to be a good location, but making up the bracket was a bit tricky since there's an angle (as the clamp sits on the exhaust)
that made my design more complicated than I had originally expected. I'm not sure that it's the same on all M35A2 exhaust stacks,
but I'm guessing that you'll probably find something similar on yours.
AZK9, I think M35A2 trucks with the LDT engine all use the same exhaust stack. Trucks with the LD, non turbo engine, use a different exhaust stack and mounts, and have a muffler.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks