• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Well I'll be darned,....

Got my Deuce spinning again,.....

The truck auto elec I got just put a meter on a few things to make sure power was getting where it needed to go.

After one attempt at starting he jumps up on the engine and yanks on the fan pulling the engine backwards,....

Then says: "try it now"

I hit the start button and the engine spins like a top!

Turns out the starter motor was stuck engaged.

That all took about 1.5 mins

And I have been crawling around for 6-7 monthes,.....

I feel so stupid right now,.....

sigh,....

Aussie.
As they say...."total bill: $500. Breakdown: labour $1; knowing where to look: $499"

That said - we DO love simple fixes! Aren't you glad you are not in for a $300 new starter? :)

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Right now if there was a hole in the ground I'd crawl into it right now I feel so stupid.

Every now and again something simple gets by me,...

Well I guess its a learning experience.

Aussie.

Lou e

G'day everyone,.....

Right now if there was a hole in the ground I'd crawl into it right now I feel so stupid.

Every now and again something simple gets by me,...

Well I guess its a learning experience.

Aussie.
We have all been there. Laugh it off and keep it moving and whenever you remember it, laugh some more!

Torquewrench

/proud
I added about 3.4 hours to my meter.
Also, I think I burnt up 5-6 gallons of fuel.
I realize now that if I put the air conditioner in my truck, I'll never take the roof off again...
Naa, this is my first "convertible". It's kinda like riding my Harley. I love it.

"If you don't look at your vehicle every chance you get, you bought the wrong vehicle".
-Jeremy Clarkson-

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Well I am back from all my running around today,...

The things that went well, Got my Deuce fired up and running, just have to refill the cooling system.

Cost for the Auto elec was $147.00

Or should that be 'Cost for the lesson',...?

Also my M105A2 trailer was delivered home today.

Inside is the crate with the new towbar and accessories for the Deuce.

I have yet to inspect that.

The down side, Had to pay car rego and its gone UP again!

The M105A2 has gouge marks on the drawbar, looks like some idiot was using a forklift to push the trailer around, they ripped the data plate on one side and ripped the connecting cable in half.

Trust me, you don't want to know how angry I am about that.

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Ok, forgot to add some pics,...

I mentioned before that last time I removed the top plate off my winch to put new data plates on because the originals were so faded.

PIC_0928.jpgPIC_0927.jpg

I decided to leave the center one for now as I want to have the serial number etc stamped into it, the replacement has a generic number in it and I want my winches info on it.

This is it refitted.

PIC_0931.jpgPIC_0929.jpg

Also while I was there I fitted the hearing protection sticker I got.

PIC_0933.jpgPIC_0932.jpg

I just need to find a replacement 'Good Driver' sticker, anyone know where I can get that one?

And I had to move the generator to get the lower radiator hose replaced,....

PIC_0936.jpg

Thankfully that job is all done and now ALL the cooling system hoses have been replaced.

Only 250 miles to go till I hit the 7,000 mile mark and I'll do a service on it.

This should be fun,....

Aussie.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2034.jpg Opened the driver side front window and found some corrosion going on under the window seal. Removed the rust, filled the low spot with JB Weld, sanded, primed and painted.

Kaiser67M715

Welded cracked tab on my intake, I took the picture after getting the manifold back on the truck

and did exhaust gaskets. Did them last year, resurfaced the manifolds, and only one of the three blew out, and it was a big blowout. No clue why, or for how long, noticed it the first time I started her this year, which was much later then normal...

I should have grabbed a before picture, but it was so bad the gasket was pretty much a 'U' and was sticking out way past the manifold.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Maverick1701

I re-installed my cargo top today after having the old dry-rotted straps replaced at a local boat cover pace.

I also found a new hole I need to patch in the rear cargo corner (can be seen in pics). I also replaced the only wooden cargo bow I had with a steel one from the parts bin along with going through and tightening all the screws on the other bows (they were all loose).

20180713_182235_HDR_resized.jpg20180713_185324_resized.jpg20180713_185337_resized.jpg20180713_185354_resized.jpg

What are the other screw holes in the middle of the corners used for? In every MV vehicle I have seen, and MV manual I have read, I have never seen those holes used for anything or even mentioned

20180713_182523_resized.jpg

jamieboy

Hey 77AMG. Nice to have met you over at your truck location this week. Good luck with your truck
and hope to see you at the gorge soon. Always a great thing meeting new friends. Maybe send me a message
when you get ready to take it home. Might be able to meet up.

tobyS

Got a couple of pictures of my new-to-me 1977 AMG m35 with winch and hard top (winch is in the bed, for some reason.)
I see you are preparing for a moon launch in the third photo. Maybe a bit ambitious.

What are your plans? Have fun with your new money pit!

We like pictures.

77 AMG

Thanks! I recently figured out how to adjust and rotate pictures, so, hopefully, any more "moon shots" will be for that. :lost: In the mean time, I get to work on her/it/him (Dunno yet) where it sits until it gets to PCS to the house. More pictures and a build thread should be next, I guess.............. :p I am going to be doing a "working restoration" on it, where it is a resto, but, it still is being used, kind of like a "motor pool" parts runner, since it will be a D/D, working truck- farm, house, gravel/plywood/sheetrock, trips to the Louisville self-serve parts yards for my other vehicles. In other words, an oversized pickup.

Last edited:

Kaiser67M715

That's what mine is, a rolling resto, not a whole lot of daily driving, but it gets some work done. 4 or 5 years and still haven't found the time for a repaint...
Thanks! I recently figured out how to adjust and rotate pictures, so, hopefully, any more "moon shots" will be for that. :lost: In the mean time, I get to work on her/it/him (Dunno yet) where it sits until it gets to PCS to the house. More pictures and a build thread should be next, I guess.............. :p I am going to be doing a "working restoration" on it, where it is a resto, but, it still is being used, kind of like a "motor pool" parts runner, since it will be a D/D, working truck- farm, house, gravel/plywood/sheetrock, trips to the Louisville self-serve parts yards for my other vehicles. In other words, an oversized pickup.
And as for what I did to mine today, fixed one wiper, and drove her around, making sure there are no issues with the up coming Weare trip.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks