• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello brake conscious troopers, and for my M35A@, here is a question for a Sunday: The assumption is that the hyd stop lamp sw, as shown in the diagram, is the brake switch bringing voltage to the rear brake lights. My question is, where is this switch physically? Thank you
At the air pack. Its the thingy that has two wires going to it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

rustystud

QUOTE=rustystud;2237729]No problem. After church tomorrow I'll get to it.[/QUOTE]

OK here's the pictures of my oil pressure lines.

006.jpg009.jpg

The first picture shows the PTFE hose connected to the port on the filter housing. This is straight pump pressure. The second picture shows the line going to a bulkhead fitting on the firewall that then goes to the oil pressure gauge.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AHA ! So there it is. Thank you, and i iike the idea of being able to read both prerssures.
Isnt it true that this special feature of yours, is characteristic of all Steel Soldiers enthusiasts. Here we share our appreciation of our beloved machines, and it is such a pleasure to see how all of us enjoy this wonderful hobby..

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey cattlerepairman, Thank you soldier
This is an interesting picture. It is a German HANOMAG 18t half track, version 9 (with rear mounted crane, for tank maintenance units. 6t or 10t version, I cannot tell). It is depicted in front of a fire hall somewhere in Germany which makes me wonder if this unit saw post-war service as a wrecker.

fasttruck

Reference posts 9654 and 9656. Yes the switch is by the hydo-vac. The trucks were built with hydraulic stop light switches but I have seenM35 brake detail 03.29.2012 006.jpg examples that were MWOed to air operated switches. The stoplight switch operates both the service and blackout brake lights, but only one at a time depending on how the light switch is set.

rustystud

AHA ! So there it is. Thank you, and i iike the idea of being able to read both prerssures.
Isnt it true that this special feature of yours, is characteristic of all Steel Soldiers enthusiasts. Here we share our appreciation of our beloved machines, and it is such a pleasure to see how all of us enjoy this wonderful hobby..
Being able to read both pressures at a glance is a great troubleshooting tool. If the "regulated" pressure starts to drop I can just glance over and see what the main "pump" pressure is and determine if I have a major problem or just an annoyance issue. That is also why I have the main fuel pressure gauge installed too. If the engine starts to stumble or act like it's fuel starving I can just glance at the fuel pressure gauge and see if I lost main pressure or it's another issue entirely .
Being around big trucks and equipment you get used to being in the "know" about what is going on at all times with the engine and vehicle in general. Ever sat in a Kenworth's drivers seat ? It's like being in an airplanes cockpit what with all the gauges and warning lights.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey cattlerrepairman, When I was in reenactment there was a germen unit that had an original hanomag. It was about 1 ton, and had 4 wheel steering! The reenactment germans also use the check 108 half track and dress it up as german. At that time I was driving a WC53 and a .50 cal propane gun mounted. I was in the 60th infintry in new jersy

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi rusty, and I like your idea about the support the extra guages give you. Of course, being a frenchman at heart, i would prefer a damsel in the passenger seat ( one of the mcGuire sisters) to be my guage eader!

cummins7

Got the backup camera monitor bracket done, then waiting on paint to dry for my remote reservoir bracket. All brackets were made out of .090” aluminum. My buddy recently got a 3D printer and made me a gauge mount for my steering column to hold my fuel psi gauges.CABF0D87-CA74-40A2-A7A3-6C816B37BCD5.jpgEAF4ECDA-1367-42EF-9F19-1015268B0CEC.jpg334D78D2-C653-4B1A-A76D-E577CBC64B5D.jpgB82E99C9-1628-4147-B685-7B90E6EC9363.jpg909F17CF-E6A2-4501-AA3D-E9478A6AC68F.jpg396BFC8E-9B18-446C-9D84-6151838010CD.jpg626C06C8-E29C-4D99-BDD0-FDBC4EBF7184.jpg559AACF7-8F38-4E24-ABAC-0032989BCB2C.jpg

Nomad1

Looks nice some day I want to add a backup camera to mine but maybe set up in the center up top so I can flip it up out of the way when It's not in use
Got the backup camera monitor bracket done, then waiting on paint to dry for my remote reservoir bracket. All brackets were made out of .090” aluminum. My buddy recently got a 3D printer and made me a gauge mount for my steering column to hold my fuel psi gauges.View attachment 776923View attachment 776924View attachment 776925View attachment 776926View attachment 776927View attachment 776928View attachment 776929View attachment 776930

emeralcove

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cummins7, all you need to do is make up part numbers and assign an insane price and it will be just like something the government would have purchased, very nicely done!

Nomad1

Today pulled the thermostat housing I think I know why the heat doesn't work:smile: .... no thermostat. Should have a new one in by end of the day. Tempature guage is not working 1st I'll check then ground the go from there.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today pulled the thermostat housing I think I know why the heat doesn't work:smile: .... no thermostat. Should have a new one in by end of the day. Tempature guage is not working 1st I'll check then ground the go from there.
See. what you do not have cannot break! You just introduced another failure point into your truck! And who needs heat. Wimps.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took Queen Lola for an after-work spin. Absolutely nothing to report, other than a fun, relaxing drive on rural roads and some gravel in beautiful Fall weather. No hiccups, no fuel starvation. I do have a question though. How hot should power steering fluid get? Mine gets darn hot - you do not want to leave your hand on the metal reservoir. Probably normal. Steering feels good and works well.

Another Ahab

Got the backup camera monitor bracket done, then waiting on paint to dry for my remote reservoir bracket. All brackets were made out of .090” aluminum. My buddy recently got a 3D printer and made me a gauge mount for my steering column to hold my fuel psi gauges.View attachment 776924
Wow what clean craftsmanship!
No kidding, that is some fine work.

Did you do all that on a metal brake of some kind?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks