• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

I had the same. I cleaned them up real nice and put in new filters. Afterwards, decided to get the spin on. Got them on the shelf ready to install when the next change is due. I would have saved some time and energy if I just got the spin on from the start. You'll be glad you did it.

Private Wrench
The "spin-on" conversion is one of the best mods you can do for a Deuce ! I'm also talking about the engine oil too. Makes life so much easier and much less messy.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
True enough, this is happening and there is no turning back. The only question is weather or not to make the fuel spin on like I did the primary fuel water separator or buy one. I have the ability to make them like I did the fuel water separator and I can run the filters I want.

Privatewrench

Pic 1.jpg
Had an issue with my soft top. The stitches holding the vinyl to the support anchor had dry rot and broke apart.:-(

pic 3.jpg
I followed advice on some old threads here from brother SS members. :carnac:

pic 4.jpg

Worked like a charm. Used epoxy to re-attach and then put a few rivets thru it for good measure. Just installed the top back on the truck and it seems to be holding well. It'll blend in better this summer when I paint the outside of the truck.
:grd:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 755168
Had an issue with my soft top. The stitches holding the vinyl to the support anchor had dry rot and broke apart.:-(

View attachment 755169
I followed advice on some old threads here from brother SS members. :carnac:

View attachment 755170

Worked like a charm. Used epoxy to re-attach and then put a few rivets thru it for good measure. Just installed the top back on the truck and it seems to be holding well. It'll blend in better this summer when I paint the outside of the truck.
:grd:
Private, my top came apart along the seam just like yours when we were on our way to the Tower Park meet. I used duct tape to hold things together until we reached our destination. I ended up using JB Weld along the seam and held it together with duct tape till the JB Weld set up. It held together just fine until I could replace the top some months later. It was the first time I had a top come apart along the seam.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish you luck ,it is nice to come home with something. I brought my 1953 REO M35a2 to a car/monster truck show, but left earlier not having a seat to get of my feet and my back was starting to kill me. at that time as I looked around there were people leaving that had there cars on show leaving so I thought what the heck I'm going to leave now to. after all I had a good day there,there was a lot of folks interested in my truck. and the next day there was a knock on my front door.it was the fellow I had just meet there with his pick up truck on show that lived right up the street from me,in his hand he was holding a trophy that I was awarded for the Best 4 wheel drive vehicle.
Till then I had never won any thing,and this day in particular I wasn't even thinking on winning any thing. Boy that made my day!
So I wish for you to have a great day.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20190209_113324.jpgIMG_20190209_113321.jpgIMG_20190209_113525.jpgIMG_20190209_113543.jpg

So not sharing the project yet as I'm still doing it but some awesome advice on something I thought of today! ( Some are gonna say duh but I'm kinda proud of myself here)

Well I wanted to make a spin-on replacement to my secondary and final filters. To do this I went with independent filter mounts, I had to make a plate for them to go on so they could mount to the engine of course.

I quickly found out that I couldn't trace the holes from the old mount because I couldn't fit a pencil or marker in there because of the shape of the mount.... So I took a pice of tape, cut out the holes from the back side of the original mount and used the tape as a guide for the new mount so I could drill the holes correctly.

A pice of tape! How did this never occur to me before, my mind was blown. I hope this helps you done down the road because this is a great trick I think.

Last edited:

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today my Son is getting my deuce ready for its pick up Sunday the 15th to be transported by Wes down to to Norwood North Carolina to M series rebuild llc. to have them install the duel break system and maybe have them put in power steering.we will see what the break system is going to coast first. I just want to feel safe when the break's are applies I will stop.

rustystud

View attachment 755571View attachment 755572View attachment 755573View attachment 755574

So not sharing the project yet as I'm still doing it but some awesome advice on something I thought of today! ( Some are gonna say duh but I'm kinda proud of myself here)

Well I wanted to make a spin-on replacement to my secondary and final filters. To do this I went with independent filter mounts, I had to make a plate for them to go on so they could mount to the engine of course.

I quickly found out that I couldn't trace the holes from the old mount because I couldn't fit a pencil or marker in there because of the shape of the mount.... So I took a pice of tape, cut out the holes from the back side of the original mount and used the tape as a guide for the new mount so I could drill the holes correctly.

A pice of tape! How did this never occur to me before, my mind was blown. I hope this helps you done down the road because this is a great trick I think.
That is a creative idea. I use transfer punches myself. You can pick up a set at Harbor freight for less then $8.00 . That way you get a small dimple to start your drill bit and it will be dead center.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a creative idea. I use transfer punches myself. You can pick up a set at Harbor freight for less then $8.00 . That way you get a small dimple to start your drill bit and it will be dead center.
I still use those before I drill, problem was nothing was fitting to hit center. But yes always make a dimple before starting to drill keep from wondering bit.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I wish you luck ,it is nice to come home with something. I brought my 1953 REO M35a2 to a car/monster truck show, but left earlier ~ and the next day there was a knock on my front door.it was the fellow I had just meet there ~ in his hand he was holding a trophy that I was awarded for the Best 4 wheel drive vehicle. Till then I had never won any thing,and this day in particular I wasn't even thinking on winning any thing. Boy that made my day! So I wish for you to have a great day.
Tell them the "Best 4 wheel drive vehicle" trophy apparently also covers a ten speed ten wheel drive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks