• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked up the crane version of the CCKW and it normally had a 4 ton Quick Way crane version. I’d guess there may be a section on these trucks in David Doyle’s CCKW book. I’ve only seen one of these trucks. Just off I-84 near Farewell Bend. Pics below. If someone gets to look at it, please let me know. I’ve passed by it many (dozens) times, and never been able to stop.

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Those don't appear to be the same truck. Both look like a postwar conversions on CCKW chassis.
You'd figure outriggers for that set-up, right?

Because how could you make a pick of ANYTHING otherwise (without throwing the truck over).

So the postwar conversion idea might have some merit (until any CCKW evidence pops up).

You think?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you 4 sending this picture when I get to my desktop I shall be able to open it this may be a dangerous thing to do for me because I may make the effort to locate this gem and you know what happens after that

Me

Another Ahab

Thank you 4 sending this picture when I get to my desktop I shall be able to open it this may be a dangerous thing to do for me because I may make the effort to locate this gem and you know what happens after that

Me
Don't forget, whatadeuce, everything is going to be alright.

We're all here for you, Brother.

But no backsliding, remember to show up for your meetings.

A.jpg

emeralcove

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahab, is that an AA meeting, in this case it is "Automobiles Anonymous"; Hi I'm Craig and I haven't bought a vehicle for 2 months........ (no disrespect to AA intended what so ever.) But I can truly understand "whataduece" and being in Southern Washington I was looking at the aerial photo and thinking, I could probably find that, I think should take a cold shower now.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dear emelalcove, I am afraid you are suffering from a serios discordance. To avoid buying a Deuce for such a length of time , well, it tantamount to holding ones breath! You must breath, Sir. Think of what would happen to you if you refused to lok at woman for that legnth oftime. Put your priorities in order!b

AS for you, Another Ahab, I greatly fear that your appreciation of what STEEL SOLDIERS stands for, requires great adjustment. Here's what to do, Go to a large mirror, calm down ( if you dare) and ask yourself this question: Why dont I go to the Doctor and have that eye bleed repaird!

Attachments

Another Ahab

AS for you, Another Ahab, I greatly fear that your appreciation of what STEEL SOLDIERS stands for, requires great adjustment. Here's what to do, Go to a large mirror, calm down ( if you dare) and ask yourself this question: Why dont I go to the Doctor and have that eye bleed repaird!
Normally, I would go to the Doctor, whatadeuce, and thank you for the recommendation.

But telling you the truth here. I cannot lie:

- That Doctor just plain makes me nervous

Attachments

Last edited:

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New shocks. I used Monroe 66605, which I read about on a thread here.

I've owned the truck for 3 years now and have no idea how old the old shocks were. They seemed in ok shape when I pulled them off, but they were smaller than the ones i replaced them with. Also, it's a pretty cheap repair, and a lot easier than a car because you don't have to remove the wheel.

These shocks have a 1/2" thread, the old ones were 3/8", the shocks were narrower and shorter as well.

20190907_203449[1].jpg

Last edited:

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brake reservoir installed, touched up the paint in the doorjambs, new battery terminals & all the new reflectors are on. Next weekend I'm installing another hood, hood lift kit & new driver's side door...
70325671_1946160462195683_306391288880562176_n.jpg69976964_483524175816199_3805291202635366400_n.jpg69989499_410161342972192_5212788381087432704_n.jpg70505779_382127509145725_4962393587321929728_n.jpg70412358_722793098144748_6732122419118473216_n.jpg

Nomad1

If she changed them to spin on filters she's a keeper but be careful you my have to cook dinner:mrgreen:
The wife changed the oil and filters (yes the wife did). She also lubed all the zerks she could find. Installed a new diesel tank cap as the original was rusting on the inside.

benhasajeep

Nope just the stock canister filters. We are having a problem though. Been searching all morning. Oil pressure is 90psi now. Right filters, right oil. And gauge was working just fine prior to the change.

Nomad1

so you have a gauge that goes pass 60? I know that they don't all have same gauge mine only goes to 60
Nope just the stock canister filters. We are having a problem though. Been searching all morning. Oil pressure is 90psi now. Right filters, right oil. And gauge was working just fine prior to the change.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks