• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Privatewrench

Had to remove a few things so I can reach it, then had to re-position other things, so I can get a better wrench hold on it...after plenty of swearing and applying heat without burning up too many things under the dash, I finally got the faulty low pressure sensor off and a new one put in. Frustrating job. Glad it's done!
20190120_062752.jpg

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! That would be awesome of you. I hate for you to go thru too much trouble. I'm sure I can eventually figure it all out with some more time with Professor Google, but would certainly appreciate any knowledge you can pass along.
First, the pictures. 1st is the antenna mount for the 2nd pic the 524. Above the 524 is the VIC 1 master control, the 1782. The VIC one has 4 stations, 2 forward and two aft. The driver doesn’t get a “talkie” headset, he only listens. His headset is connected to the 524. The 4 stations each have connections for the headsets. These are the “talkie” headsets. The power cord for the VIC 1 can be routed a couple ways. Either connected to the batteries directly or through the 524 radio mount. The circuit breaker is designed for use in an armored vehicle. Getting one to work with the VIC 1 is a bit of a challenge. I have the list of components that I’ll post once I find it again. Let me know your questions.

Attachments

Ajax MD

I keep laughing at the "INT ACCENT" switch. I'm an old Navy Radioman and can't figure out what that is for. Does it apply a German or French accent to incoming and outgoing transmissions?

77 AMG

I found a tool chest/ storage box for me Deuce at work. It's roughly 6'x'20"x3' and is made from Aluminum, with a foam lining, as you can see. Now, I have somewhere to store my "road gear". I also got MOST of the air leaks taken care of as well. I just need to replace the line that goes to the front axle engagement switch.

Attachments

Privatewrench

I found a tool chest/ storage box for me Deuce at work. It's roughly 6'x'20"x3' and is made from Aluminum, with a foam lining, as you can see. Now, I have somewhere to store my "road gear". I also got MOST of the air leaks taken care of as well. I just need to replace the line that goes to the front axle engagement switch.
Nice tool chest! That will make a great addition to your deuce. The foam interior is a good idea. I might need to copy you on that, and add a foam lining to my box.

77 AMG

Hey, Privatewrench, we still have 2 more at the shop. Both are CARC green, with the foam inside. I am looking forward to putting it to use soon! :naner:

rustystud

That a great looking tool box ! No need to have it sprayed or anything. Wish I could find one so nice.

Privatewrench

Hey, Privatewrench, we still have 2 more at the shop. Both are CARC green, with the foam inside. I am looking forward to putting it to use soon! :naner:
Appreciate the info 77 AMG. I just mounted a box on my truck. A little smaller than that one and no foam. You should post those in the "For Sale" section. As nice as they are, you'll move them quick.

77 AMG

Yeah, I need to get pictures and actual measurements for them, for sure. Will do so Monday, when I get back to work. Anybody know if you can log in from more than one place without logging out of primary first?

77 AMG

Wastin' NO time getting her up to speed, I see. Mine is going to be a raggedy looking beast for awhile, hence part of "why" she is called the "Dead Line Special". Looking forward to seeing it in person, one day hopefully.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[]View attachment 754404
I've been prepping the inside of my cab for some paint. Rolled on some Herculiner on the floor boards and will spray over it with color this weekend.[/QUOTE]
Going to look new with the new spring seat and passenger seat covers.

rustystud

[]View attachment 754404
I've been prepping the inside of my cab for some paint. Rolled on some Herculiner on the floor boards and will spray over it with color this weekend.
Going to look new with the new spring seat and passenger seat covers.[/QUOTE]

I totally lined the inside on my cab with "Herculiner" several years ago now. It still looks great ! Took two gallons though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks