• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to get new rubber and tubes all the way around on my truck. I've got 8 down and 2 to go. I'm using the standard Titan 9.00X20 NDCC tires, and out this way, they sure are getting hard to find.:(
I started putting new rubber on my Deuce (only 1 so far, but slowly changing out). I got newly pressed Coker tires. Yes, they are a bit more than used tires, but since my truck is a tribute truck, I think it look much better with new rubber.

Coker Tires for M35A2
https://www.cokertire.com/tires/sty...op_width_bias_ply=4618&tire_rim_diameter=2614

benhasajeep

Bought it!

1971 Jeep M35A2 wow. Continental LDT-465-1C (Nov 95 data plate date). Currently has a 1,000 gallon tank in the bed. That will be removed (appears to be 6 bolts). Was an ex-forest fighter tanker for a community fire department. Extremely clean body and chasis. About the only thing wrong is no air horn. And the extra red lights for the fire service were disconnected. They have to be change to something other than red or blue by law anyway.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Looks great! Pictured are some of the tools you will be using in your maintenance program...
Thanks! It needs some paint, going to run through all 6 hubs before the GA rally and get it up to speed. This is my 2nd deuce, and I just sold my M923A2

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which rear driveshaft are you referring to, the one from the transfer case to the first axle or the one between the two axles? They are different size I think. What is the "plug" you are referring to?

You should probably put this in a "parts wanted" ad. If you have not paid the members fee, it supports this site and you have access to post classifieds.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Which rear driveshaft are you referring to, the one from the transfer case to the first axle or the one between the two axles? They are different size I think. What is the "plug" you are referring to?

You should probably put this in a "parts wanted" ad. If you have not paid the members fee, it supports this site and you have access to post classifieds.
Wanted ads are free.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't say he had to pay the fee to place the wanted ad, just that paying a membership supports the site (well maybe I implied it a bit). Totally free makes us look cheap...which many of us are and have accepted that fate. Oh well....

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well troopers, remember when I set up that 5th wheel to deuce adaptor -rig-assembly? And did you notice the confidense and certainty, oh yes, the promise of its unique desighn? Truth be told, its Sunday somewhere, IT DIDNT WORK ! Well, plan B consisted of just pulling the trailer framework with my Deuce bomb crane hoist. That enabled be to tow it, but the front end of the trailer, eh, looks different!

Attachments

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well troopers, remember when I set up that 5th wheel to deuce adaptor -rig-assembly? And did you notice the confidense and certainty, oh yes, the promise of its unique desighn? Truth be told, its Sunday somewhere, IT DIDNT WORK ! Well, plan B consisted of just pulling the trailer framework with my Deuce bomb crane hoist. That enabled be to tow it, but the front end of the trailer, eh, looks different!
With only about 2' of chain under the truck boom, it's surprising how far it can go forward when motivated on a slight hill. Did it poke through or dent it up? Did you hit the brakes a bit too hard?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, the deception unwinds! Yes the cab at the end of where i towed it, shall we say, has additional vent ports. AS for braking too hard, well, eh, I just put in a new master cylinder and ....I didnt have any brakes !

Attachments

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Another Ahab, I love to post my truck activities with humor, wit, and entertainment, as we all do. In this towing venture I mention the highlights of my exparience, and thats enough. The Bible says: Look for the good, and ye shall find it...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks