• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Maverick1701

went to the tx dmv to see why my new tags have not arrived (I renewed in early may and my temp plate expired yesterday). Well the dmv tag shipping folks claim that someone at the house "refused to accept the package and they were returned"...maybe the were at the wrong house??
The plates were re-sent and should be here next week....then I'll have new tags on the M35A2

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No kidding ! The heat up here has been a killer too !
We got back from our 3 week trip to Europe Monday, but it has been so hot I cannot do anything outside !!! After just a few hours outside I'm getting sick and have to come inside.
Heat here but it has been raining every day around 4 o'clock for the last month. The humidity by ten in the morning will steal your energy and leave you running to the house. I will never know why old people would want to move here. I am trapped with to much OD stuff and two homes. I would like Denver but don't think that will happen but glad my AC is working.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Last Wendsday I went to my 4x4 club meeting in the Deuce,....

Well talk about Shock and Awe! it was referred to as 'The Beast' almost lost my voice answering questions and generally talking about it.

I'm think'n its a crowd pleaser,.....

Only down side was on the way to the meeting I had my right hand side round mirror broken by a heavy rigid truck swing out in front of me with NO regard to the swing of his rear end,....

This coming Sunday I will take it to its first Car Show.

And yes, I'll have my camera with me!

Aussie.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Last Wendsday I went to my 4x4 club meeting in the Deuce,....

Well talk about Shock and Awe! it was referred to as 'The Beast' almost lost my voice answering questions and generally talking about it.

I'm think'n its a crowd pleaser,.....

Only down side was on the way to the meeting I had my right hand side round mirror broken by a heavy rigid truck swing out in front of me with NO regard to the swing of his rear end,....

This coming Sunday I will take it to its first Car Show.

And yes, I'll have my camera with me!

Aussie.
Aussie Bloke, I was thinking about you guys today while I was listening to John Williamson sing Waltzing Matilda at a Wallaby's Rugby game. One of the best songs there is! Also happy for you the truck didn't get more than your mirror.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This past weekend I pulled out the tachometer cable & finally got it to work, just needed some oil added to the inside. Also decided to clean the truck up some, also cleaned the back of the gauges & installed the new led bulbs I've had forever now.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Ok,.. back again.

I removed the round mirror on the right hand side that got broken last time I took it out.

Since it was only the mirror itself and not the housing that is broken I will see if I can just have the actual mirror itself replaced.

Pretty much ready to go to the car show tomorrow morning.

:)

Aussie.

SRB1976

I've been having problems with a ground issue with the right brake light/turn signal. It seems like the tail light bracket is not grounding so I ran a jumper wire from the bolt on the back of the tail light to the mud guard and my lights work properly now. All though it doesn't look very good. It's only temporary until I figure out the problem.

20180805_165827[1].jpg

rustystud

I've been having problems with a ground issue with the right brake light/turn signal. It seems like the tail light bracket is not grounding so I ran a jumper wire from the bolt on the back of the tail light to the mud guard and my lights work properly now. All though it doesn't look very good. It's only temporary until I figure out the problem.

View attachment 737025
What I did on my Deuce is install 3" stainless steel bolts along the frame. These bolts have large washers on them and the area on the frame is ground down to bare metal. Then I apply a good anti-corrosive/ dialectic compound to the metal and washer and then tighten the bolt down with a "Nylock" nut. Now I have a good grounding point for my lights. I have five of them in the engine compartment alone.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh man, I have to do it...the 800th page! I guess to qualify I have to have something I did, so.

Fittin the M105 bed frame and rear bumper.

Attachments

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More just an opportunity. I was reading SOM post and the deuce thread was on 799....call it serendipity.

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got some of the tools ready to do some transmission/clutch/rear main seal work in about a month...
IMG_20180810_100503527.jpgIMG_20180810_101243329.jpgIMG_20180810_101322208.jpgIMG_20180809_140308578.jpgIMG_20180809_140411315.jpgIMG_20180810_120133612.jpg
Made the clutch alignment tool from hard maple, per one of Gringeltaube's drawings. Pilot portion is 1.5" long, and a diameter of .749" gave a nice snug fit in the bushing. Clutch hub portion is 3" long and a diameter of 1.222" gave a nice snug fit to the hub spline lands. Handle portion is 1.5" long, and about 1.5" in dia. Flywheel alignment pin is 1/2 round stock I had on hand. I tapered it on one end, and threaded 1/2-20 on the other end, 5" OA. Made the hoist tram to fit my $20 harbor freight hand winch out of some 41.5" lengths of gas pipe and some other bits. New 1/2-20 top-lock nuts to the replace the old ones on the jack shaft came in the mail today... ooooohhhh shiny!. Planning to lower the trans down onto a solid-top oak furniture dolly.

Disregard the old clutch alignment tool pics below. I can't delete 'em on my end for some reason.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks