• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

https://youtu.be/WH1Eq3vxC_I

I plumbed my new spin on fuel filter wrong, I showed how to do it properly since I screwed it up the first time.
If you add two fuel gauges, one before the filter and one after you can tell when to change out the filter. According to manufactures specs if you have more then a 3 PSI differential it is time to replace the filter. That is what I did with mine. Now at a glance I can tell when it is time to change out my filters. No guess work and no more replacing good filters. If you do go this way be sure you buy two identical gauges. I bought some "No Shock" glycerin filled gauges. Extremely accurate.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you add two fuel gauges, one before the filter and one after you can tell when to change out the filter. According to manufactures specs if you have more then a 3 PSI differential it is time to replace the filter. That is what I did with mine. Now at a glance I can tell when it is time to change out my filters. No guess work and no more replacing good filters. If you do go this way be sure you buy two identical gauges. I bought some "No Shock" glycerin filled gauges. Extremely accurate.
I have a good one, I just had to delete it until I get some new fittings since I had to re-plumb it.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rusty,
Did you mount those two gauge in the engine bay, or did you plumb them into the cab?
Thanks,
John

rustystud

Rusty,
Did you mount those two gauge in the engine bay, or did you plumb them into the cab?
Thanks,
John
I plumbed them into the filter housing, though I did add a fuel pressure gauge to the dash. That way I can tell if it's a fuel problem if the engine starts to act funny. For example I'm traveling down I-5 and the engine starts loosing power. I can look over and see if I lost fuel pressure. If I did then more then likely I have a major leak or worst case I lost my boost pump. Either way I know to get off the road now as it is not going to get better.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plumbed them into the filter housing, though I did add a fuel pressure gauge to the dash. That way I can tell if it's a fuel problem if the engine starts to act funny. For example I'm traveling down I-5 and the engine starts loosing power. I can look over and see if I lost fuel pressure. If I did then more then likely I have a major leak or worst case I lost my boost pump. Either way I know to get off the road now as it is not going to get better.
I like that! I like that A LOTTT ! ! !

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2157.jpg Yesterday I gave my truck a big hug and said, don't worry buddy, it's supposed to be warmer next week. I love my truck too.

77 AMG

I started installing some of the new (er) parts on mine. LMTV mirrors, mismatch painted windshields to replace the starting-to-delaminate current ones, started to install a coolant heater box similar to how the 5 ton has it mounted under the dash, and found a 6 step Aluminum boarding ladder in one of the 53' semi- trailers parked out back. I also told it that I would still rather have it than the 923 that is sitting close to it, even though the 5 ton is GTG, NO work needed. And prettier. And has new tires, and power steering.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started installing some of the new (er) parts on mine. LMTV mirrors, mismatch painted windshields to replace the starting-to-delaminate current ones, started to install a coolant heater box similar to how the 5 ton has it mounted under the dash, and found a 6 step Aluminum boarding ladder in one of the 53' semi- trailers parked out back. I also told it that I would still rather have it than the 923 that is sitting close to it, even though the 5 ton is GTG, NO work needed. And prettier. And has new tires, and power steering.
Well the last bit is just sewing seeds of doubt into the mind of that deuce and a half now lol.

77 AMG

Well the last bit is just sewing seeds of doubt into the mind of that deuce and a half now lol.
Sort of. More like trying to encourage it to KEEP playing nice and showing me what needs attention to make it safe to operate, AND keep (hopefully) letting the things that need attention keep coming loose/ off WITHOUT breakage/ stripping.
Besides, a Deuce with he top pull off, the windshield laid down and the stack pulled will ACTUALLY *fit* the drive through window at McDs. 923, not so much.

Privatewrench

20190222_171145.jpg

I had a machine shop cut out the splines in my front axle caps today. I have a brand new pair on the truck now. I'll switch them out as needed, but I really don't expect to be in the mud much, if at all. These cut out caps should save me a little gas mileage and wear on the front axle.

rustystud

View attachment 756529

I had a machine shop cut out the splines in my front axle caps today. I have a brand new pair on the truck now. I'll switch them out as needed, but I really don't expect to be in the mud much, if at all. These cut out caps should save me a little gas mileage and wear on the front axle.
I often wondered if installing a bronze bushing in there would help the axle shaft splines ? Since they will be spinning against the housing from now on. Just a thought.

rustystud

Sort of. More like trying to encourage it to KEEP playing nice and showing me what needs attention to make it safe to operate, AND keep (hopefully) letting the things that need attention keep coming loose/ off WITHOUT breakage/ stripping.
Besides, a Deuce with he top pull off, the windshield laid down and the stack pulled will ACTUALLY *fit* the drive through window at McDs. 923, not so much.
Considering how often I go to "McDonalds" (at least four times a week) that is an important consideration !

Privatewrench

I often wondered if installing a bronze bushing in there would help the axle shaft splines ? Since they will be spinning against the housing from now on. Just a thought.
That's an interesting idea Rustystud. It would certainly protect the axle splines. Just not sure if really needed. If the caps are drilled out wide enough, there should be plenty of clearance to not rub or build friction. I need to give that some thought....I like the idea of going an extra step on precaution, just not sure how to incorporate that quite yet.

77 AMG

Considering how often I go to "McDonalds" (at least four times a week) that is an important consideration !
Yeah, lunch "on the go" gets, um, entertaining when taking the 923 out.... local Chinese place has asked us to park elsewhere, like over at Golden Corral, or Sonic. *grins*

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks