• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scar59...If you don't find one that you want to go with, Rochester Indiana is far away but the guy that did mine is excellent on the Allison....and I bought him a $600 book with all the details.
Toby, can you get me your guy's number. I don't mind a little drive to ensure a good job.
If whoever you chose does not have the right manual....walk away. That's a nice clean holding jig. Did you have clutch abrasive in the pan? How about little balls of aluminum? The drawing for the fab of the lifting fixture is contained in the -24TM. Had a bud cut and weld it up. Only have clutch dust in the pan, no aluminum ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeucesWild11

Drove my deuce over to a local guy who is selling his 5 ton for a ridiculous price in my opinion. But I did get to drive her! Wow that power steering is so nice:drool:! Wish I had the $$ to buy it. When I drove mine back I got a new rattle to figure out, I think she got jealous..
IMG_2114.JPG

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove my deuce over to a local guy who is selling his 5 ton for a ridiculous price in my opinion. But I did get to drive her! Wow that power steering is so nice:drool:! Wish I had the $$ to buy it. When I drove mine back I got a new rattle to figure out, I think she got jealous..
View attachment 759417
Ha! Drive her over to the junk yard, park and get out. On the drive home she'll be the quietest she has ever been!

FloridaAKM

I put the tailgate back on the '85 Deuce by myself as it has been in the back of the bed since I recovered it. It is bent by ? some soldiers pushing it with something really big, but it did fit. They welded up a two step ladder & connected it to the hinge pins on the trucks rear for easy entry, but it was really crappy, so I cut the rod off & removed it. This truck had a much harder life than the '87 I got from RAFB in Georgia, but I am close to retirement & need something to do. No, it still does not run, yet, but I will get her to run this spring.

Last edited:

77 AMG

I took pictures of the LMTV mirrors that I installed on the Deuce last week, in case any body was curious about how they looked, and welded up the muffler to the exhaust stack, so that the factory top exhaust clamp still works as designed, and added the missing hanger for the J-pipe over next to the inner fender. I will add a picture of the "new" exhaust tomorrow, as I still have to install the stack. The winch is laying in the bed of the truck, for now, as I still need to find several of the missing mounting bolts for it. Any help?

Attachments

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
^That's awesome, I just put the same mirrors on my deuce today too.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
Where's a good place/price to get those? I'm assuming they are not made of gold, like HMMWV mirrors. I replaced mine with repurposed NOS school bus mirrors, but they rattle too much and are too small to be useful.

BDGR

FloridaAKM

I bought a pallet of those in tan years ago from GL & replaced the original mirrors that came with the first Deuce. They come with the outer arms also. Major improvement from the old faded mirrors. I still have several boxes of sets left.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a pallet of those in tan years ago from GL & replaced the original mirrors that came with the first Deuce. They come with the outer arms also. Major improvement from the old faded mirrors. I still have several boxes of sets left.
Sent you a private message.

77 AMG

I got to actually listen to a phone call with the truck running at arms' length from me, thanks to the newly installed muffler. While not as quite as a new truck, it IS a heck of a lot quiter!
I also added the missing inner fender pipe support hanger.

Attachments

Last edited:

Deplorable1

Where's a good place/price to get those? I'm assuming they are not made of gold, like HMMWV mirrors. I replaced mine with repurposed NOS school bus mirrors, but they rattle too much and are too small to be useful.

BDGR
Hope FloridaAKM can help you out. The ones I have came with the truck when I bought it.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

FLYWHEEL

Installed my egt and boost gauges, drilling and tapping for the egt probe wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be, also removed the small plug on the intake manifold to connect my boost gauge to.
20190331_115133_crop_464x464.jpg20190331_121637_crop_464x464.jpg20190331_123851_crop_464x464.jpg20190331_133242_crop_464x464.jpg
Next on the list of things to do, F.D.C bypass

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks