• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Going 1 by one, replacing all seals, and repacking bearings, replacing wheel cylinders and bleeding. Giving her the love she deservesIMG_2379.jpgIMG_2376.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

Installed a new fuel sender at the tank.
Of course it didn't take the 5 min I thought it would because one screw was stripped and because it was next to the fuel line my 1/2" shank screw extractor wouldn't work...
Everything's a production with this truck.

That's the way it always is, isn't it:

- You invest in the screw extractor (or whatever the specialty tool is), and then when you need it, it doesn't work for the problem

Don't feel bad. It happens (and you are not alone there).

:burn:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
all 4 rear hubs done. Disassembled, cleaned, inspected, and serviced all 4 rear hubs; brake cylinders replaced, wheel bearings packed, new seals, brakes adjusted, all torqued to spec and good to go! Oh and had to do some pressure washing.

Nomad1

In this case if having a screw lose would be a good thing:-D
Installed a new fuel sender at the tank.
Of course it didn't take the 5 min I thought it would because one screw was stripped and because it was next to the fuel line my 1/2" shank screw extractor wouldn't work...
Everything's a production with this truck.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Few more things done this weekend...new tachometer cable installed, reflectors mounted, new grounding wire harness along with some new tailgate handles/steps & stops...
69613149_680745925762455_2684675501431193600_n.jpg69440665_1654983157966029_867165270135799808_n.jpg69766592_1262324557270318_2788378496110428160_n.jpg70579970_2455892764655535_4985213367040868352_n.jpg70578783_1171172206410781_7132120772163665920_n.jpg

Another Ahab

Today I added brake fluid to my recently installed remote master cylinder reservior. I noticed over recent days the brake pedal is getting higher, but is still somewhat soft.

I didn't have my deuce long, but I did notice that seemed to always be that way.

Is that "softness" maybe a deuce thing?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello another ahab, My experience with Deuces has been a high pedal, and a hard pedal. I find I am confident with this remote reservoir. its easy to visibly check, and add to if necessary.

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally finished the Waterloo Industries power steering install. While any project on this truck spirals into some sort of production, this one was particularly frustrating. From horrible quality tools (out of the box) over power drills (yes, 2) dying a smoky fiery death to a missing bracket and a good dose of my own missteps it took way longer and was way more involved then planned.

I cut out the rust on the fender, welded patches and sprayed with Rhinoliner titnted 383 Green. Getting them to make that colour was another production but I can't wait to see it dried. Lools really good!

20190902_184056.jpg20190902_184039.jpg20190902_184025.jpg

Power steering tested and it appears to be working and I see no leaks (fingers crossed).

I need to give a shoutout to M-35 Tom (Waterloo Industries) for making a superb kit and for being a gentleman and supplying a missing bracket. I had the kit on the shelf for almost a year (unopened boxes, so I know I did not misplace anything) but he could easily have said, sorry, it has been too long, you need to purchase a replacement.
Excellent service and I highly recommend his products.

Last edited:

rustystud

Finally finished the Waterloo Industries power steering install. While any project on this truck spirals into some sort of production, this one was particularly frustrating. From horrible quality tools (out of the box) over power drills (yes, 2) dying a smoky fiery death to a missing bracket and a good dose of my own missteps it took way longer and was way more involved then planned.

I cut out the rust on the fender, welded patches and sprayed with Rhinoliner titnted 383 Green. Getting them to make that colour was another production but I can't wait to see it dried. Lools really good!

View attachment 775099View attachment 775098View attachment 775097

Power steering tested and it appears to be working and I see no leaks (fingers crossed).

I need to give a shoutout to M-35 Tom (Waterloo Industries) for making a superb kit and for being a gentleman and supplying a missing bracket. I had the kit on the shelf for almost a year (unopened boxes, so I know I did not misplace anything) but he could easily have said, sorry, it has been too long, you need to purchase a replacement.
Excellent service and I highly recommend his products.
Well at least you did an excellent installation job ! Looks great ! All jobs like this seem to have major problems. Nothing ever seems to go "just right" . All mechanics believe in "vehicle Gremlins" . You need to leave out some milk or better yet beer for them the night before you start a major project. That way the next day their drunk so they won't mess with you. :wink:

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I added brake fluid to my recently installed remote master cylinder reservior. I noticed over recent days the brake pedal is getting higher, but is still somewhat soft.
Good looking truck & I'm going to copy how you mounted the remote brake reservoir too.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We we used to say we had gremlins on our UH-1N’s. For that matter, they were in CHARGE-53’s, HH-53’s, HH-3’s, HH-60’s, etc. our solution was multi fold: first, Holy water. Use it copiously. Next, go to KFC and get the big bucket of chicken; flavor is irrelevant. Upon consuming said chicken, select only the nicest bones and set them aside. Do whatever you want with the leftovers but if you want them to last, put them in a Tupperware container and label it as “Biotoxin, open only by qualified medical persons”. Take the salvaged bones and stick them in the oven to dry. Wet bones turn green! Upon finishing drying, use a small drill bit and drill one hole through each bone. Use some safety wire, balling wire, any wire will work but you’ll need approximately 16in long piece. Thread the wire the chicken bones and, using proper safety wire technique, tie the ends together. Last bit for this solution is feathers. Big feathers, like seagull length feathers. Get 3-4 of them and fasten them to the wire by however means available. Last but no least is corn. Fresh corn works best, frozen corn is okay but under no circumstances do you use canned corn. With all the ingredients collected, wait until Friday night shift to finish this up. Park the helicopter (or jet, truck, car, lawnmower) in the center of your hanger. Place the chicken bone necklace on the nose of the helicopter. Next, lay down a path of corn that goes from the tail of the helicopter and goes out to the ramp and on till you get to another squadrons helicopter and stop the trail of corn at the nose of the helo. Then turn off the lights and lock the hanger doors. The gremlins only come out after everyone is gone, they’re very shy. Almost immediately, they’ll notice the chicken bones. Chicken bones terrify gremlins and they’ll flee them at light speed. Once they reach the tail, they’ll see the corn. Gremlins live corn. They’ll follow the corn trail all the way to the other Helo. They won’t be able to go back to the original helo because gremlins can’t tell directions, they get lost very easily. Bright and early the next Monday, open the hanger and turn on all the lights. That’ll scare any roaming gremlins away from your helps. Your Helicopter will be gremlins free and your opponent squadron will curse the problems their helicopter seems to have acquired over the weekend. Back to the possibilities. A witch doctor. If all else fails, find a real deal witch doctor. Witch doctors scare the crap out of gremlins. Finding a witch doctor can be very difficult so this is used a a last resort option.

I hope this helps :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well at least you did an excellent installation job ! Looks great ! All jobs like this seem to have major problems. Nothing ever seems to go "just right" . All mechanics believe in "vehicle Gremlins" . You need to leave out some milk or better yet beer for them the night before you start a major project. That way the next day their drunk so they won't mess with you. :wink:[/QUOTE

Another Ahab

We we used to say we had gremlins on our UH-1N’s.Your Helicopter will be gremlins free. Back to the possibilities. A witch doctor. If all else fails, find a real deal witch doctor. Witch doctors scare the crap out of gremlins. Finding a witch doctor can be very difficult so this is used a a last resort option.

Well at least you did an excellent installation job ! Looks great ! All jobs like this seem to have major problems. Nothing ever seems to go "just right" . All mechanics believe in "vehicle Gremlins" . You need to leave out some milk or better yet beer for them the night before you start a major project. That way the next day their drunk so they won't mess with you.
Options are good:

- Whatever it takes

:jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks