• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

fpchief

I found another deuce that had been forgotten about for a few years and made an offer....he accepted so now I have an excellent parts truck or may keep it whole.
dc3c6a886a851f37868e6206c708d76d.jpg7e75aa0dd12dad2602e75dd5ab6a6693.jpg b057edf811d8df1377d9a9db2a0fd4f2.jpg 6d024fd189248bff1b8c104ae2f05ec3.jpgda9c298f74a4ec910a5240f26fbfaeac.jpg77e2d1357bbdd706db0ff29c79a721fb.jpg
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

tobyS

I found another deuce that had been forgotten about for a few years and made an offer....he accepted so now I have an excellent parts truck or may keep it whole.

NICE CATCH !!! Keep it whole (well maybe bob or 4x4 it)

Try posting the pictures, tapatalk links don't work as well. You may have to research, but there is plenty of instruction how. Thanks.

Last edited:

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a Freightliner Columbia drive axle suspension. We had the same thing on our trucks at Fraley and Schilling when I worked there.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fpchief, that does not look like a parts truck. That looks like something that, when cleaned up and running, yields enough $$ for three parts trucks. Good on you for towing it home!

fpchief

fpchief, that does not look like a parts truck. That looks like something that, when cleaned up and running, yields enough $$ for three parts trucks. Good on you for towing it home!
Yessir, now that it is out of the trees grown up around it, the more I am seeing a complete and decent truck.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2305.jpgDSCF2306.jpgDSCF2307.jpgDSCF2308.jpg Finished drilling the holes for the new battery box Bow Handles. Then I installed the new plastic battery box and new batteries. Next I got the new battery box with batteries installed in the battery comp., then cleaned the terminals and clamps. Finished up by making sure everything was tight, and then spraying the terminals with red Battery Terminal Protector spray. The old girl started right up after a 5 month rest, so I warmed her up and took her around the block a couple times then parked her back in the drive way so I can start to rebuild the front brakes.

Nomad1

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 763689View attachment 763690View attachment 763691View attachment 763692 Finished drilling the holes for the new battery box Bow Handles. Then I installed the new plastic battery box and new batteries. Next I got the new battery box with batteries installed in the battery comp., then cleaned the terminals and clamps. Finished up by making sure everything was tight, and then spraying the terminals with red Battery Terminal Protector spray. The old girl started right up after a 5 month rest, so I warmed her up and took her around the block a couple times then parked her back in the drive way so I can start to rebuild the front brakes.
Where did you get handles I've been looking for those for about a year????

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you get handles I've been looking for those for about a year????
Mrmag1. The Bow Handles came on the plastic battery box when I purchased it. It's not new but it cleaned up ok. One of our members here on SS might have a battery box, or a pair of bow handles they would like to sell. If not you might keep an eye out for a beat up battery box that you can scavenge the handles from. You can also contact Oshkosh Equipment, WB Parts, New Century Components, or Memphis Equipment. The Bow Handles Part number is 12368312, NSN 5340-01-422-4274. They won't be cheap, but they may have them in stock. Hope this helps.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a great plastic box but no hardware. I made some brackets to hold in the box.
View attachment 763744
Mrmag1, your looking good so far. From your picture the only thing I see wrong is that your battery box is in backward, or 180 out. I'm glad you posted a picture as this will save you from some extra work. In your picture, the line of 5 holes near the top of the box are for your battery box shield, #7397753, NSN 6130-00-411-8321. Use TM 9-2320-361-24P and on the TM Index click on Electrical, 0612 Batteries, Cables, Battery Box Assembly, figure 48 Item 32 this will get you to the exploded view of the battery box. Here are some pictures of the backside of my battery box. One below and the other taken above. The battery box shield is to help prevent mud, water, and other debris from entering the battery box. Also when you install the Bow Handles, use short bolts and nuts as this will prevent your bolts from possibly riding against the batteries and possibly causing a leak. Hope this helps. DSCF2310.jpgDSCF2314.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks