• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Aussie Bloke

fpchief

da9c298f74a4ec910a5240f26fbfaeac.jpg77e2d1357bbdd706db0ff29c79a721fb.jpg6d024fd189248bff1b8c104ae2f05ec3.jpgI got my "parts" truck home, a !970 M35A2 W/W. Had no power to the master switch and troubleshoot that. Using the good advice i got from the other post I made, I found a corroded and broken wire from the starter magnetic relay (I think that is what it was)...was a wire from the bottom of it that joined the larger bundle of wires on the firewall. Repaired it and that gave me power. I put fresh oil in it and bled the system. Hit the go button and it fired on the first rotation. This thing has not been cranked in I know 7 years..maybe longer. Just a testament to how awesome these trucks are. Every gauge works, all lights work, and the winch works as it should also. Thinking about keeping this one whole!!! All for a very good price.

77 AMG

Yea!!! My computer has decided to let me post pictures again. Here are the 2 pictures from my trip back on Thursday to go see Clinto and folks. Sorry, no pictures of the trucks and other things sitting around the yard. This coming week begins the "fun" of doing the axle freshenings. NOT yea. (that much closer to bringing her home, though. :grin: )

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2315.jpg Replaced the batteries and updated the battery box. Got the caution stickers on today.....mission complete.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
do you have the deflector piece that goes on top? I can't locate one, so I had to make one out of a piece of fiberglass.
DSCF2312.jpgDSCF2314.jpg davidb56, is this the deflector piece your speaking of ? The TM calls this a shield, part # 7397753 the NSN # is NSN6130-00-411-8321. Here are some pics of the one on my Deuce. There are 5 bolts securing it to the plastic battery box. Steel Soldiers member Floridianson has several plastic battery boxes new & used. He may be able to help you out with the correct part. Send him a PM if your interested. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks