• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

fpchief

I picked up a rider... This is Poco Esqueleto, and he's been riding around on my back axle for a couple of weeks now. In that time, he's endured bone-chilling cold, highway speeds and dusty country roads, but he keeps hanging on for dear life (thanks to some cable ties and a few well-placed dabs of RTV). Anyway, Poco and I would like to wish everyone a Great Week, and a Happy Halloween!
View attachment 745917View attachment 745954

Funny!! And gives me some ideas...

47to70

WTH? Toby and Cattlerepairman just want to see pics of your brand new motor to brag on it for you. Good job making friends on here.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these tings to other people, and I require the same from them.

tobyS

Tobys, if you want to call me a liar, do it FTF!
I didn't call you a liar. I made a comment that has been used here a lot regarding pictures. You bust onto the scene and have done a major job changing the engine and don't provide picture one, don't get mad at me for making a comment about pictures. Most of the people that take time to read this site a while will recognize satire, not be personally offended.

It takes a lot of time and money to replace an engine and a new one is rather special. Most of us never have a "new" one. In a normal exchange here, fpchief is right, both wreckerman and myself would have made positive comments, because we appreciate the hard work, time and money that these vehicles require. I didn't think I would get you mad as a hornet....but apparently you have.

Thanks for the PM letting me know how tough you think you are....."You can take it anyway you want to!"...

47to70

i didn't call you a liar. I made a comment that has been used here a lot regarding pictures. You bust onto the scene and have done a major job changing the engine and don't provide picture one, don't get mad at me for making a comment about pictures. Most of the people that take time to read this site a while will recognize satire, not be personally offended.

It takes a lot of time and money to replace an engine and a new one is rather special. Most of us never have a "new" one. In a normal exchange here, fpchief is right, both wreckerman and myself would have made positive comments, because we appreciate the hard work, time and money that these vehicles require. I didn't think i would get you mad as a hornet....but apparently you have.

Thanks for the pm letting me know how tough you think you are....."you can take it anyway you want to!"...
pm sent!

tobyS

To the gent that was offended, I apologize for the misunderstanding about the intent of my comment. The way it was received and extreme offense taken was not what was intended. No more PM's...issue over.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Soooo.... I guess the “pictures or it didn’t happen” comments will meet the same fate as the popcorn emoji??? I’m sure it can be added to the **** list for the auto sensor.

Maybe we need a site glossary/instructions to help keep the callused and sensitive users from inadvertently offending each other...

fpchief

Soooo.... I guess the “pictures or it didn’t happen” comments will meet the same fate as the popcorn emoji??? I’m sure it can be added to the **** list for the auto sensor.

Maybe we need a site glossary/instructions to help keep the callused and sensitive users from inadvertently offending each other...
Maybe we all need to go to sensitivity training!!! Does SS have an HR Dept?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

77 AMG

Stopped by where my truck is at and did some (MOST likely needed) PM on it. It actually is parked so that every single grease fitting on the driveshafts was reachable. Bet THAT won't ever happen again! Also fired it up for the first time in a couple of months, did some trouble shooting on the gauge panel and found out that the power feed for the "spider" and the "spider" it self are dry rotted to the point that wires are bare, and sometimes touching. I need another "spider". Anybody know where to get one? Oh, and the turn signal relay is toast. No surprise there, huh?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stopped by where my truck is at and did some (MOST likely needed) PM on it. It actually is parked so that every single grease fitting on the driveshafts was reachable. Bet THAT won't ever happen again! Also fired it up for the first time in a couple of months, did some trouble shooting on the gauge panel and found out that the power feed for the "spider" and the "spider" it self are dry rotted to the point that wires are bare, and sometimes touching. I need another "spider". Anybody know where to get one? Oh, and the turn signal relay is toast. No surprise there, huh?
77 AMG, for something like the Spider, try Memphis Truck Parts.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A picture is indeed worth a thousand words.
Personally, I'm told that my own desire for pictures is that I'm "reading impaired" rofl:whistle: and only subscribe 'cause I like to read the pitchers.

Anywaze... I'm pleasantly relieved that resolution has been found. And now we can live in peace and harmony. (Sounds like we're a bunch of hippies from the 60s and 70s.).

So, back to this Thread's intent....

(For which I have NO pictures to share.)

With the recent rains and flooding here in west Texas, our deuce bed has been catching a lot of water. It is parked under a tree with a slight forward tilt, so rainfall-IN, does not necessarily mean all of the water goes tailgate-OUT. Inevitably fallen leaves block the two little drain holes in the front corners of the bed. During the couple of days of clear skies I managed to clear the holes and get 50 or so gallons to drain, then swept the dry leaves out of the bed.

THAT is what I have done with our Deuce recently.
And I apologize. I KNOW nopicsrofl:doh:

However, today we are getting more rain from the remnants of hurricane/tropical storm Willa that's coming up through Mexico and into Texas. I'm sure more leaves will fall. I'm wondering how much rain our "Deuce bed rain gauge" will catch from these BEAUTIFUL, life-giving, drought-busting showers.

Consequently, I have a question....

How have y'all managed to keep debris from clogging/blocking those little 1/2" drain holes?

I've thought about enlarging them, but that would prove counter-productive for hauling loose material like sand or pea-gravel.

Please share any ideas (and PHOTOS if you've got 'em).

THANKS,
John

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks