• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did mine without being smart enough to raise the truck like you did. I will be doing that for the next one. I am stubborn enough just to deal with things the way they are instead of spending just a few minutes to make the material condition more friendly to work on.
Chief, I'm the same way. I think being stubborn in these situations in the past is why I have neck and back problems today.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IN preparing for a repair job, The problem with most of us is not that we are stubborn or slothful, but that we have banged our heads under the truck too many times, and now we think differently, or not at all. Hello Caseous Clay !

Attachments

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well 5 minutes ago I went to start her up, started just fine going to put her in first and she won't move. Engine was running just fine didn't get RPMs but either the transfer case or the transmission is not engaging.

Another Ahab

IN preparing for a repair job, The problem with most of us is not that we are stubborn or slothful, but that we have banged our heads under the truck too many times, and now we think differently, or not at all. Hello Caseous Clay !
USN Boot Camp (Great Mistakes), taught us that's how you make U.S. Marines.

:naner:

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you say that the engine did not increase in crankshaft RPM beyond idle speed? Are you able to increase engine speed when not in gear?

The engine revs just fine, I can shift it into 1st and 2nd and reverse but nothing happens. She just won't move engine increases in RPM she just doesn't move.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ladies and gentlemen I'm a freaking idiot, the transfer case range lever was just ever so slightly out of high range. I must have bumped it when I parked at last. I am incredibly embarrassed, call the good friend of mine Jason and he set me straight.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Soldier, Dont be so harsh on yourself. Owning and operating a machine such as the M35 series truck is a technical challange we all love and enjoy.

Its the meticulousness of its operation and the challenge of its details that delight us. That's why we give the trucks a female name! Think of the female paintings on the WW2 bombers

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ladies and gentlemen I'm a freaking idiot, the transfer case range lever was just ever so slightly out of high range. I must have bumped it when I parked at last. I am incredibly embarrassed, call the good friend of mine Jason and he set me straight.
First off, God doesn't make junk... Don't consider yourself an idiot.

And then a little SAFETY NOTE regarding the M35A2 (and variants):

When parking the truck, disengage (in NEUTRAL) BOTH the transmission AND the transfer case. NEVER leave these Multi-Fuel Engine equipped trucks with the drive train either partially nor fully engaged to the engine. the Multi-Fuel engine CAN START with very little motion induced through the drive train!!! AND these engines CAN START in "forward" or "reverse" crankshaft rotation, too!!! This will result in a 13,000+ pound, driverless DEATH MACHINE for anything that happens to be in its way.... people, animals, structures, vegetation... ANYTHING!!!

By adopting this tidbit of wisdom as your SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) you will also prompt the ACTIVE ENGAGEMENT of the transfer case each time you wish to move the vehicle, thus precluding the SANFU that you recently experienced.

Unlike vehicles with other types of powerplants, these trucks ARE NOT to be parked "In Gear" to keep them from rolling away. They will - either because they're parked on a hill or by being bumped - instead become VERY UNSAFE because it was left "In Gear".

Instead, set the PARKING/EMERGENCY BRAKE.... AND, use Wheel Chocks, too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks